Life is moving so fast. I wanted to make this recipe for Kenya for Cinco de Mayo and somehow totally forgot. Sadly, I think Alzheimer's is setting in early.
Kenya loves beans. Whether they're pureed in a dish, mixed with other ingredients like this dish, or on their own, he loves 'em.
The vegetarians in your life will also love you for making this. Simple, yet packed with flavor. You don't need to celebrate a holiday in order to whip this dish up.
Mexican Rice & Beans (8-10 Baby Servings)
- 1 Tbsp Onion, finely diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Black Beans, cooked
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1/3 Cup Tomatoes, finely chopped, fresh (peeled) or canned
Preparation1. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil in a saucepan over low to
medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the water and rice and bring to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until all the water has absorbed.
4. Add the black beans, cilantro and tomatoes and combine.
5. Cool and serve.
*If your baby doesn’t eat solids, you could easily puree this recipe.
*In this recipe I prefer organic canned tomatoes. Some little ones have
texture issues, so it's much easier for babies to eat the soft canned