Since Kenya started eating solid foods, I've been giving him cauliflower weekly. I find it to be one of the most versatile foods to
cook. At the farmers market in California you can find it almost year round in different colors such as white, yellow and, yes, even purple. Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C, B3 and folic acid.
The actual idea for this dish was not weelicious-inspired. I was originally making a similar roast cauliflower dish for my husband and I for dinner when I decided to leave out some of the florets for Kenya to eat. He not only loved the flavor, but its fun for him to hold his own food and feed himself. Nothing could be more healthy, fresh and fast then this roast cauliflower caramelized with garlic and onion flavor.
Roast Cauliflower Power (6-8 Toddler Servings)
- 2 Cups Cauliflower Florets, any color
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
Preparation1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the cauliflower in a mixing bowl and drizzle with oil until
the florets are evenly coated.
3. Sprinkle with the herbs and toss to coat.
4. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
5. Take the cauliflower out of the oven and sprinkle with the lemon
6. Cool and serve.