Fig Puree - Weelicious

Fig Puree

Fig Puree from Weelicious

Yum

Last week when I was heading out to the farmers market, my friend Zoe
said, "You should make something with figs". Zoe, mind you, is 14 years old. How many 14 year olds do you know think about figs let alone have tried them outside of maybe a Fig Newton bar?
Zoe was so right and luckily there were figs all over the market -- ripe, sweet and something that really feels like a great treat, so why
not feed them to your little one?!
 I realize it's not the most common first fruit to give babies, but
they're one of the highest plant sources of calcium and fiber and have
the highest overall mineral content of common fruits. Their soft
texture and the crunch of their teeny tiny seeds will give an interesting mouth
feel for little ones.
Being the crazy frugal shopper that I am, after paying $4 at the
farmer's market for 8 perfectly ripe figs, I wanted to see how much they were at my local supermarket. $8 for 6! I was kind of shocked, but it's proof again that when you shop at your local farmer's market not only is the produce you're getting superior to what you can buy in a store, but you're also saving money.
I served this puree to Kenya by itself and he loved it. I even had him try
it on top of yogurt and cottage cheese, again a total hit!

Fig Puree from Weelicious

We used these to make this recipe:

Fig Puree  (makes about 1/2 cup )

Last week when I was heading out to the farmers market, my friend Zoe said, "You should make something with figs". Zoe, mind you, is 14 years
old. How many 14 year olds do you know think about figs let alone have tried them outside of maybe a Fig...

• 8 figs, fresh, stems cut off and quartered

1. 1. Place the figs in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Fig Puree

Comments

1. Gustavo S. Wertz

May 8, 2014 at 10:22 pm

My Partner And I merely intend to share it with you that I’m really beginner to wordpress blogging and certainly admired your report. Quite possibly I am most likely to save your article post . You truly have magnificent article material. Truly Appreciate it for discussing with us your blog page.

2. Patrick D. Ward

May 8, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I realize there are several junk mail on this web-site. You are heading to clear it up. Perhaps I could actually help to accomplish?

3. dawnpolk

September 28, 2013 at 6:58 pm

So glad I found this! Bought tons of fresh figs yesterday the farmers market and was so hoping I could find a way to introduce them to my baby and he looooved!

4. Ashly

September 17, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Can you roast the figs first?

5. Tesha Krough

April 29, 2011 at 1:33 am

One other issue is when you are in a situation where you do not possess a cosigner then you may really need to try to exhaust all of your educational funding options. You can get many grants or loans and other free college funding that will give you money that can help with institution expenses. Many thanks for the post.

6. Chandu

April 19, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Can I serve this to my 7 month old?

7. farah

March 5, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I know it’s not fig season right now but how could I make this recipe with dried figs?

• Del

April 18, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I did this with dried figs and just added a little bit of water in the blender, turned out delicious!

8. Sophie

December 13, 2010 at 4:36 am

So simple but genius! Babies loved it!

9. Angelica Werries

October 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Tote is awesome.So many wallets – and not really these little, useless pockets, either. All of the pockets tend to be a excellent dimension and seriously support keep every thing organized. The handles are a fantastic length and fit nicely more than the actual shoulder; the handle shoulder straps additionally remain place on my shoulder, which is actually crucial as soon as you are transporting a baby. The tote looks great, too. Not too fancy, but not too casual. (I have it in black) The material is soft (can’t consider of a much better word) so it is straightforward to squeeze in to tight spaces – but yet it is sturdy. I have a Fleurville Lexi tote and I really like it, too, but this tote is actually type of rigid. I think that Skip*Hop may turn into my daily handbag. It’s a little bit large – so if you’re not really in to big bags this may possibly be greater as an over-night diaper bag.

10. Betsy

September 10, 2010 at 12:40 am

After it sat in the fridge for the night, it turned into a nice purple color like the one in your photo. So I think I did it right! :) It tasted delicious either way -so thank you!

11. Bean

September 9, 2010 at 6:31 am

Is this with dried figs?

September 9, 2010 at 3:04 pm

This is with fresh figs :)

12. Betsy

September 5, 2010 at 11:35 am

Do you puree the figs with the skins on? I made two batches this morning, one with the skins on and one with just the insides scooped out. The later was sweeter but lacked a bit of flavor. My batch with the skins on had flecks of skin because it didn’t break down enough in my food processor. Any advice?

September 7, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I pureed these with skin on and it came out perfect. How big were the flecks of skin? It should not be a problem.

13. RJ

September 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm

You read my mind! All of our figs are ripe this week and I wanted to make a recipe my kids would eat! How long will the puree keep and can you freeze it?

September 3, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Freeze up to 3 months and up to a week in the fridge :)

14. chocolate ice cream

February 27, 2010 at 7:50 am

Hey, nice blog. I’m having a small problem though, I cant seem to be able to subscribe to your rss feed :( I’m using google reader by the way. Can you please check what is wrong and try correcting it?

15. Christine

July 13, 2008 at 8:00 pm

I saw this recipe on your site and want to try it out on my 8 month old baby boy :) I found some figs at our local grocery store (HEB – I’m in San Antonio, TX) – 8 for 6.99. Eh, still kind of pricey in my opinion, but I bought them anyway. Can’t wait to try out your recipe!