Cantaloupe Cream

Cantaloupe Cream

I even surprised myself at how delicious this puree turned out. I had
5 people in the kitchen while I was making it and like good testers, we all took our spoons, tried a bite and in unison exclaimed, "WOW"! I don't know whether Kenya was starving or just really loved it, but he insisted on eating an entire cup's worth. There goes the theory that toddlers don't like purees. Even though there's no orange in the recipe, it totally reminded me of drinking an Orange Julius (a drink from a restaurant that I grew up near).
Since cantaloupes are 90% water, it's nice adding banana and yogurt to give it a little extra body, rich flavor, and end up tasting like cream.
Cantaloupes are also a heavyweight when it comes to potassium and vitamin A. This is a perfect breakfast or snack food for the 10-12 month-old set or a great for dessert for a toddler (as Kenya so brilliantly demonstrated).

Cantaloupe Cream  (6 baby servings )

I even surprised myself at how delicious this puree turned out. I had 5 people in the kitchen while I was making it and like good testers, we all took our spoons, tried a bite and in unison exclaimed, "WOW"! I don't know whether Kenya was starving or...

• 1 cup cantaloupe, chopped
  • 1/3 cup banana
  • 1/4 cup yogurt

1. 1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree
  2. until smooth.
Cantaloupe Cream

Comments

1. skullandsparrow

September 14, 2014 at 4:29 pm

My daughter loved this! I did it with apple cinnamon baby yogurt that I had around. It was rather soupy, but she loved it. She’s 10 months old and isn’t doing so great with lots of texture so it was probably a good thing it was so runny.

2. Pingback: 9 DIY Baby Foods Even Grown-Ups Will Eat | NEWS | Phones | Nigeria Science | Technology |Computers

3. Pingback: 20 διαφορετικές συνταγές για μωρά | Eimaimama.gr

4. Naz

January 14, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Just wondering if you can freeze this or not

5. npc1983

April 22, 2013 at 8:45 am

Can you tried using different yogurt flavours? How does it affect the overall taste? Or do your recommend sticking with plain yogurt?

6. Cherlyn

June 26, 2012 at 5:32 am

This looks yum. Does it freeze well though? Can you suggest alternatives for the yogurt. My little girl is (sadly) allergic to dairy. She’s missing out on all the yogurts and cheese that her big brother had at her age.

7. ps4

September 30, 2011 at 5:07 am

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout for your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to peer a great weblog like this one nowadays..

8. Mrs. Wonder

July 11, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I tried this today. It was delicious, but was the texture of a drinkable yogurt. Adding twice as much banana and yogurt didn’t thick it up- I had a really ripe cantelope, so that must have made the difference.

July 12, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Did you like them? Yes, once they are so ripe it makes a difference. It’s a puree for babies so it should be a little thick.

• Mrs. Wonder

October 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Yes, my son loved it!

9. Pingback: Babyfood recipes to make at home | Scapettosdeli's World Food Recipes