Juicing

juicing.jpg

Juicing is one of those activities for kids that's just plain old fun. There's nothing better then going to the farmer's market, buying tons of organic carrots, beets, oranges and so on, and then going home with your little one(s) and coming up with all kinds of unique juice creations. Sometimes I'm a little perplexed by Kenya's choice of ingredients when he points to the ones he wants in his, but he always seems to love the end product. It only goes to prove my theory that when kids are involved in making what they eat and drink, they have pride of ownership and are more likely to try new things. Kenya enjoys the juices so much that he tends to sucks them down faster than we can make them.

I'm not opposed to canned and bottled juices, but most of the ones you'll find in the supermarket are packed with unnecessary sugars and preservatives that your kids don't need. There are so many other choices like herbal teas, blender smoothies and of course these juice recipes. They're actually not even recipes. It's really up to you and your kids what vitamin rich, nutritious creations you want to drink.

Juicing

• we love to make the 3 listed below, but you can be the chef and pick any fruits or veggies you crave.
  • carrot, beet and ginger
  • apple, celery, kale and beet greens
  • beets, blood orange and ginger

1. 1. Turn juicer on.
  2. 2. Place a mix of fruits and vegetables in juicer shoot creating the desired amount of juice you want.
  3. *You do need a juice machine for this recipe
Juicing

Comments

1. Samana Gardezi

February 10, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Love all your ideas and recipes. Which juicer do you use? Knowing there are so many different types out there it’s hard to pick one that juices soft & hard veggies @ the same time. Much appreciated . Thanks

2. Geri Blutter

October 30, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Very interested in healthy smoothies, soups in addition to dinner recipes. This is a wonderful website and I’m so excited. I will share my experience when I made several dishes….thank you

3. Pingback: post here

4. Pingback: breville juicers

5. Homemade christmas gifts

November 21, 2011 at 7:18 am

obviously like your web site however you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the truth then again I will surely come back again.

6. Pingback: juicing benefits

7. Pingback: Breville BJE820XL Juicer

8. Naomi Stinton

July 31, 2011 at 1:26 pm

oops,forgot to mention I add about 1 teaspoon of cold-pressed flax seed oil to a 10oz glass of the above juice and give it a good stir – the oil binds to the beta-carotene in the carrot juice and makes it easier for your body to digest, plus you get a shot of essential fatty acids. Great for skin, hair and hormonal balance, and the taste is very mild.

9. Naomi Stinton

July 31, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I don’t know what Catherine uses, but I’ve been juicing for the last 2 years, and if you’re juicing anything more than soft fruits on a regular basis, it’s worth spending the money and getting a good juicer. Otherwise the motors tend to burn out pretty quickly. I have the Breville Ikon multispeed fountain juicer, and it’s powerful enough to juice hard veg like beets, ginger and carrots with no problems. It costs about $250 but it’s worth it – I give one to my mother as a gift 8 years ago (she juices daily) and it lasted her 6 years! It’s pretty easy to clean too – all of the pieces go in the dishwasher, so I just give them a quick rinse and pop them in, except for the basket. That’s dishwasher safe too, but I prefer to give it a quick scrub with the brush provided because dishwashers don’t get the pulp out of the mesh. The only thing it doesn’t do well is juicing greens like wheat grass – for that you need a masticating juicer because with a centrifugal juicer a lot of the good stuff ends up in the pulp container instead of in your glass. My favorite juice (that saw me through my pregnancy) is carrot, apple, celery, ginger and beet. Totally yummy and a real jump start to your day! Hope this helps.

10. Carolyn

July 7, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Same question about juicers…and also, one that is a snap to clean? I’ve heard that’s the biggest stumbling block to continued use, is dreading the clean-up.

11. Ella

March 10, 2011 at 10:05 am

what kind of juicer do you use?

• Andre

February 3, 2014 at 8:26 pm

looks great! I so need to get a juicer. I wahectd a few videos from the Jay Kordich you mentioned and it sure is an eye opener to say the least. Thanks for both posting this video as well as mentioning Jay! Keep them coming

12. Michelle

December 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Can you recommend a good jiucer that wont break the bank? Say, under $100?

Thanks :)

13. Vickie

May 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm

What type of juicer do you use? I’ve been looking into the different types and can’t decide between a masticating juicer or a super blender like the Vitamix. My older daughter loves juice and I’m tired of giving her store bought juice. With a juicer I could get veggies in there too.