Whole Wheat Oat Pancakes (Makes 25-30 Pancakes)
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 3/4 Cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Preparation1. Place the first 4 wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine.
2. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined (it’s okay if there are a few lumps).
4. Heat a large pan or griddle on medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
5. Drop about 2 Tbsp of the pancake mixture onto the griddle and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
6. Serve with desired topping(s).
* Prior to serving you can keep them warm on a sheet tray in a 250 degree oven until all the pancakes are cooked.
**Allow to cool and place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, place in a toaster over or oven at 300 for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Maple Syrup, Honey, Berries or Bananas