Continuing with my pumpkin puree obsession this month, I'm back to one of my seasonal favorites, Pumpkin Butter. I had some pumpkin puree leftover after I made Pumpkin Seed Cookies last week, so I used it to whip up a batch of pumpkin butter to have on hand to spread on rice cakes, use as a topping on yogurt or even swirl into oatmeal. After making way too many pancakes for breakfast one morning this week I thought how delicious the sound of pancake sandwiches with cream cheese and pumpkin butter would be. I was right. Talk about a seriously delicious school lunch! Kenya and his buddy at school loved them and my pumpkin streak continues....
Pumpkin Butter Pancake Sammie (Serves 2)
- 4 <a href=\"http://b12.ba4.myftpupload.com/2010/02/17/whole-wheat-oat-pancakes/\">Pancakes</a> (any bread will do)
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese, divided
- 1/4 Cup <a href=\"http://b12.ba4.myftpupload.com/2009/11/19/pumpkin-butter/\">Pumpkin Butter</a>, divided
Preparation1. Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese on one side of the pancake (or bread) and top with 2 tbsp of the pumpkin butter.
2. Place another piece of bread on top to make a sammie.
3. Continue to make the second sammie.
*Feel free to use a little more or a little less of the cream cheese and pumpkin butter depending on the size of your pancake (or bread).