Breakfast Cupcakes Featured on Good Bite

I love doing videos for GoodBite, but especially when it's one of our family favorites like these Breakfast Cupcakes. Whether you're celebrating someone's birthday early in the morning or just want something special to knock everyone's socks off, these treats are something that will make their eyes open wide with delight!

Comments

1. riffat

April 16, 2013 at 10:58 pm

hi

2. Melissa C.

February 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I’m always up for a good substitution – do you know where in Canada I might find Beet sugar? I wonder if bulk barn has it – they seem to have lots of specialty items …

February 24, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I can get beet sugar in my local grocery here in California, but I don’t know about Canada. I’m sorry! Anyone out there familiar with shopping in Canada?!

3. Pingback: one of the most common allergies, and one that is on the increase, is food allergies

4. Jennifer

February 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Not trying to intrude at all but we try very very hard to avoid sugar with my daughter as well as she was tested and is very sensitive to Cane sugar so we use Beet sugar. It tastes just like sugar but doesn’t have a lot of the same stuff as the cane juice has in it! She is fine with it and we do all of our baking with it now.

5. Megan

January 13, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I tried this and my cupcakes seemed dry. I don’t know what I did wrong. Any advice, it seems like a wonderful recipe

6. Rhiana

November 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm

If your child has a nut allergy- whether peanut or tree nut, they should avoid sunflower kernels. Its on a list of foods that my son should not eat, which was given to me by an allergist. He has a level 6 peanut allergy as well as a tree nut allergy.

7. Jen Lewis

November 5, 2010 at 12:09 am

Annette, I have severe nut allergic kiddos, so when I read you comment and the responses I wanted to make sure you know to research the products you give your child before you do it…if baby is to young to have peanut butter, chances are they are also to young for any “nut” butter like almond or cashew…also my kids have a SEVERE allergy to sunflower seeds as well, and unfortunaly I had to find that out the hard way, cuz I never would have thought that sunflower seeds and nuts are the same…:(
    Hope I didnt Hijack the thread to much, these cupcakes sound yummy, and I’m so excited I found this site!

8. Tamara

November 2, 2010 at 9:45 am

Made these twice now and they are AWESOME!!! The first time I used Almond butter and the second time Peanut Butter and 1/4C. Whole Wheat flour. The second batch is way better (but the first was good too).

I think next time I will defrost frozen strawberries and mix with the cream cheese instead of jam. I think it will be just as good and I always have them on hand.

9. Andrea

October 26, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I tried to find the recipe on the betty crocker website but could only find the video, what is the recipe?

• Andrea

October 26, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Nevermind, found it!! Thanks Catherine!

10. Megan

October 24, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Not to be contrary Miranda, but if you don’t want to use this recipe as is, then don’t use it. No one is forcing you to use it or feed your toddler sugar. Catherine’s website is useful to many parents. I feel it is rude to ask her to customize the recipe for you. Your comments sound judgemental. Your tone implies that the recipe as a whole is unhealthy. You might want to watch your demanding tone, Catherine does not work for you.

• Summer

October 24, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Megan I think you need the attitude adjustment. She simply just asked a question. Catherine is a very sweet lady and she would NEVER reply as you did.
      Catherines web site is a god send and it shows with its gaining popularity, however it is common for people to ask if they can use substitutions. Miranda obviously wants to try Catherine’s amazing creation, she just wants to know if it can be done sugar free.
      You Megan may want to watch your tone, this is not your website and you have no right to tell people what they should or should not do. Mind your own business and allow Catherine, who is a very capable business woman, to handle her own website.

• Megan

October 26, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Sorry Summer, Catherine and Miranda! I didn’t intend to “troll.” I guess Miranda’s comments struck me wrong, but that is neither here nor there. I didn’t handle my reaction very well. I agree with Summer that Catherine is a sweet lady. I apologize for creating such a passionate response. My comment was over the line in the first place. Thanks for your recipes Catherine! Have a good day Summer!

• lynn

October 25, 2010 at 4:08 pm

wow everyone needs to chill, they are after all only breakfast cupcakes! :)

11. Lisa

October 24, 2010 at 12:30 pm

my daughter is 12 months old and we celebrate each month with cupcakes that mom and dad get to eat. With this yummy breakfast cupcake Nicole can now enjoy the treat. I will bake one on her next month-bday and will post a picture on Facebook.

12. Annette

October 23, 2010 at 1:51 am

My baby is too young to have peanut butter. What could we substitute peanut butter for?

October 25, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Sunflower butter or almond butter – or even soy butter – just use the same amounts :)

• Rebekah

October 23, 2010 at 9:37 am

Sunflower Seed Butter is totally nut free and safe. And you can’t tell the difference. Use the same amount of sunbutter that you would peanut butter. I usually find it at Trader Joes or a health(y) food store.

13. catherine

October 23, 2010 at 12:45 am

I try as much as possible in every weelicious recipe to add the least amount of sugar as possible to create a recipe that work, is delicious, but also as nutritionally balanced as possible! I’m with you, it’s tough to avoid sugar and I know we all try!

14. Miranda

October 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Nice, but I don’t give my toddler sugar. Is there a sugar free, healthy version of this recipe?

• Kris

October 22, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Miranda, assuming you are making 12 large muffins and your child can eat a whole one, each muffin will have 2 grams of sugar in it. That is about 1/2 a teaspoon. There is more sugar in just about every cereal on the market.
      This recipe does have a significantly higher protein content than cereal, which is great for getting a child through the morning.

• Samantha

October 23, 2010 at 10:23 am

I agree, I don’t give my toddler any sugar or any products with sugar. We also avoid agave nectar because it is far less healthy that most people realize. It is actually quite bad for you it if you do your research.
        We stick with maple syrup, a touch of honey, and raisins to sweeten any desserts. Occasionally we will use dates, but they are high on the glycemic scale, so it depends on what we are making with them, to see if we can balance it out.