Congratulations to Jen Swayne, our 4th place Day 2 winner for her amazing Orange Ginger Cookies that everyone in our house gobbled up. I've never tasted a cookie so unique and perfect for the holidays! I hope you enjoy your KiddieBlanket Toasty Fleece Blanket!
Orange Ginger Cookies (Makes 3 Dozen)
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar, plus 2 Tbsp sugar for coating
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup molasses
- 2 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Sift together the first 7 ingredients and set aside.
3. In a large bowl using a hand mixer or standing mixer, cream together butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy (about 1-2 minutes).
4. Add egg to the creamed butter mixture and beat another minute until combined.
5. Add molasses, orange zest and juice and combine.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until they are all incorporated. Chill dough for one hour.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls then roll them in the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar.
8. Place the balls onto a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet and slightly flatten using the palm of your hands (make sure cookies are placed about 2 inches away from each other since they will widen when baking)
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
10. Cool and serve.