Pumpkin Seed Butter Program

It might be easier to go buy a jar of peanut, almond or sunflower butter at the market, but how about making something unique, nut-free and delicious with your child like Pumpkin Seed Butter!?

Comments

1. Rachel

July 27, 2014 at 12:16 am

Would using a blender work?

2. Misshell

May 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I tried the pumpkin butter today, the kids didn’t care too much for the taste, until I added honey, and a little salt. After I did that, it tasted better, but clumped back up. Any suggestions as to how to get it back to the creamy consistency that it was before ? Thanks.

3. Pingback: Advanced Technology

4. Amy

January 20, 2011 at 9:18 am

Just some questions about the seeds neeed for this receipe…do I need to buy pumpkins and remove the seedsC or can I buy pumpkin seeds? And where? Do they need to be outside the casing or leave in? Are pepitas the same thing as pumpkin seeds – I can find them at my local Trader Joes.

Thanks.

5. Pingback: Tablet Blog

6. gwendolyn hodges

January 15, 2011 at 12:54 am

I just want to say YUM! I am so glad to subscribe to you…I look for something new everyday! My daughter and 1 of my boys suffers from seasonal allergies and I don’t wait for that time of the year to seek out new ideas for food, activities or just day to day environmental solutions. I solute you and your team. Great job! gwen savvyluxe

7. Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}

January 14, 2011 at 10:26 pm

All I can say is YUM!

8. Maggie

January 14, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Fantastic – homemade nut butters are so simple! You’re doing amazing things for the family kitchens of America. I love it!

9. wendi

January 14, 2011 at 5:00 pm

This is great! Thank you so much!!! I am curious tho, I would love to try this for my son who is almost 10 months. He has allergies to dairy soy and eggs but would this butter be ok???
    Thoughts are welcome!

January 14, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Honestly, I would check with your doctor first. Since it’s a seed and not a nut it should be fine, but since your little one has had sensitivity to other foods, you may want to check first!