Pineapple Mango Salsa

There are a handful of recipes that I've been making for years for my family but always forget to put on weelicious. What a shame because you definitely need to have this one in your arsenal. This unbelievably easy and flavor-packed salsa has so many uses. Made with fresh, sweet, ripe pineapple and mango, it's the perfect accompaniment for grilled fish, chicken or even to eat straight out of the bowl like my kids and husband like to do!

Pineapple Mango Salsa  (Serves 6)

• 1 cup pineapple, peeled & diced
  • 1 mango, peeled and diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • half a small red onion, about 1/3 cup, diced
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • grilled or broiled fish (tilapia, halibut, opah or any other white flaky fish)

1. 1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine.
  2. 2. Serve over fish or with tortilla chips.
Pineapple Mango Salsa

Comments

1. Wendy

June 10, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Can I preserve this with hot water canning method or can it be frozen? As usual, I bought too much & would love to preserve it. Thanks in advance

2. Stefania

November 17, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Can I use canned pineapple or does it have to be fresh?

3. Diana @ Eating Made Easy

March 20, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I LOVE mango salsa especially because I’m not a bit tomato fan! Sweet and spicy.

4. anna rivas

February 22, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Helpful information. Fortunate me I found your site by accident, and I am surprised why this accident didn’t came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

5. Jessica

February 16, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Be careful with the onion. I think I put a little bit too much in and it overpowered the other flavors or I just had a really strong onion! I love it even with the strong onion flavor but my kids will not touch it and they LOVE fruit! I will for sure try again.

6. Pingback: anna rivas

7. Pingback: Pineapple Mango Salsa | Scrub Life

8. Ash

May 5, 2011 at 12:35 am

I added chili powder to this and it gave it a perfect kick! Served over a rice pilaf and tilapia fillet

9. Lara

January 27, 2011 at 12:43 am

this salsa looks so colourful and appetizing!

10. Eileen

January 25, 2011 at 10:40 pm

We’ve been making this for years and my kids will eat this on top of brown rice and they are satisfied and thrilled! The 15 y/o likes fresh jalapeno added but the 13 y/o doesn’t appreciate the heat as much.

We have a dessert variation of this too. Replace the onion, cilantro and salt with kiwi, apple and strawberry and serve it with ice cream and cinnamon tortilla chips. (brush some olive oil on leftover tortillas, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake or broil) so yummy, even as breakfast!

11. Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}

January 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I love fruit salsas. This looks great!

12. Cassy

January 24, 2011 at 11:38 am

Oh, and you can also pull this off in the winter too by using frozen mango and canned crushed pineapple. Obviously not as tasty as fresh, but it’s an option to liven up the winter months!

January 24, 2011 at 11:47 am

Frozen is a great idea when you don’t have fresh!

13. Cassy

January 24, 2011 at 11:37 am

I LOVE this recipe! I make it regularly with fish and it’s always a hit! It’s also a great thing to take to potlucks with chips or Wheat Thins. I’ve never had leftovers!
    My mom used to add some jalapeño for spice which is delicious, although I don’t do that because my daughter loves this and I don’t want it too spicy for her.

14. Tamara

January 24, 2011 at 9:56 am

diced avocado is AWESOME in there too!

15. Lisa

January 24, 2011 at 8:28 am

Oh, this would be so good topped on a salad. My favorite flavor combinations.

16. Texas Type A Mom

January 23, 2011 at 11:57 pm

This sounds amazing! I’ll definitely be trying this out. I think if I added some black beans, I could have an entire meal!