Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies (Makes 4-5 Dozen)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1 12 oz Bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt Flakes (I use <a href=\"http://www.amazon.com/Maldon-Sea-Salt-8-75-oz/dp/B0019ZHXQE\">Maldon Sea Salt</a>) *Do NOT use iodized salt on top of the cookies.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a standing or hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy, about 4 minutes ( I know 4 minutes seems like a long time, but it makes all the difference).
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
4. Stir the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
5. Slowly add the flour to the butter/sugar mixture until combined.
6. Stir in oats and chocolate chips mixing well until combined.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.*
8. Press down each cookie and top with a few flakes of sea salt.
9. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Cool and serve.
* You can also bake them in silicone individual muffin tins as I did in the picture for 18-20 minutes.
** After step #8, place sheet tray in the freezer for several hours, remove cookies to labeled zipper bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake according to directions in step #9.