How to Cut a Pineapple Video

Love sweet and juicy pineapple, but not sure how to cut it? Here's a few quick tips on how to cut a pineapple! Use up your beautiful pineapple chunks to make Carrot Pineapple Muffins, Pineapple Mango Salsa, or Pineapple Fruit Leather.

Comments

1. Kanan

April 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Nice video, Catherine.
    The sticky hands you get after cutting the pineapple can be fixed by rubbing a tsp of salt on your palms and washing it off with warm water. Works like a charm every time!

2. gma kelly

October 19, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Actually – here is a tip from my Chinese chef instructor – that pineapple core – sliced really thin (crossgrain) with a mandolin – makes a GREAT and tasty substitute for bamboo shoots in a chinese stir fry! AND if you want to salvage MORE of the delic part of the pineapple – NOTICE that the ‘eyes’ all run in a diagonal pattern making them easy to just cut out, before you ‘skin’ the rest of it!

3. Colette

September 18, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I cut the “flesh” off of the palm as well (center). It is loaded with nutrients as well. I save mine and put it in my Vitamix with other fruits for a fantastic, vitamin loaded smoothie! The kids love it!

4. Allison Reed

September 10, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Pineapples are considered “acidic” fruit right, so not good for people/kids with reflux? Thanks :)

• Krissy

September 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Yes and No. Fresh Pineapple contains loads of enzymes, particularly bromelain which aid in digestion. However, it can be too acidy for some people. Canned pineapple and jarred juices from the stores are actually more acidic, but fresh pineapple is supposed to be less acidic. So its kind of one of those moot points. I would say to check with your dr…or try it in small doses and see how it works for you.

5. janelle weems

September 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm

awesome! i would’ve never thought of pineapple water! thank you!

6. Erika E.

September 9, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I should have watched this before I butchered the pineapple I bought yesterday. I’ll keep this tip next time and try the pineapple water. You can pretty much use the whole pineapple for something! What my grandmother used to do with the leafy top was put it in a nice decorative bowl, add just enough water and stones, and place on the coffee table for a couple of days. Simple and inexpensive way to add some color in the room.

7. Ashia

September 9, 2011 at 2:47 pm

We are all about the $7 pineapple slicer we bought at Home Goods. It makes a perfect pineapple spiral, removing the core and using most of the pineapple. it takes 2 seconds! something like this:

8. Kristina

September 9, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Another tip for quickness: cut the meat of the pineapple right off the core instead of cutting the core. I do the same with apples and I avoid having to go back and cut 4 more times to get the core out.

Thanks for all you do!