Best 10 Recipes of 2011

My Top 10 Favorite Weelicious Recipes 2011

Yum

It's the last weekday of 2011 (ahhhh!) and so I have compiled for you my top 10 personal favorite weelicious recipes from this year (ok, so I included 16 recipes, but who's counting?). My simple criterion was: what was most popular with my own family. Some of these recipes, like the Grilled Cheese Pickle Panini and Chocolate Chip Granola Bars for school lunch, I made so many times this year that I lost count. I hope that this list inspires you to get in the kitchen in the New Year to make simple recipes that both you and your family will love!

Raspberry Cream Cheese Heart Tartsand how to make them!

Broccoli & Cheese Patties

Vanilla Wafers

Baked Pumpkin Donuts and how to make them!

Crock Pot Mexican Tortilla Lasagna

Very Berry Muffins

Grilled Cheese & Pickle Panini

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Peach Fruit Leather

Chocolate Banana Ice Cream

Strawberry & Cream "Elves" and how to make them!

Beet Pancakes and how to make them!

Pizza Balls and how to make them!

Roast Carrot Coins

Carrot Broccoli & Cheese Orzo

Banana Dogs Bites and how to make them!

Comments

1. Susan Graham

September 20, 2014 at 11:59 am

Loving the recipes

2. Pingback: vegan diet

3. Pingback: Fun Recipes For Kids

4. Skye

January 16, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I love all the recipes that we have tried from weelicious- you truly have a talent for creating healthy, fun, delicious food. Our family’s favorite is the broccoli carrot orzo- I use cheddar because my boyfriend doesn’t like parm (weirdo, I know!) and it is SOOO good. Even our 15 month old shovels it down, and she is in a no-veggies phase. Can’t wait to try the granola bars, vanilla wafers, and pumpkin donuts! I really feel like I need a crockpot now after reading all these good crockpot recipes! Thanks again.

5. Eleonor

January 13, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Wow, all the recipes looks so amazing! I’m amazed by your imagination and thank you for sharing it with the world. These are such neat ideas!! I have a very picky 21month old son and this is motivating me to try your recipes. I just made your granola bars, they are cooling. It smells so good in the house, I can’t wait to try it. Thank you again for posting all this amazing recipes!

6. Ralph

January 11, 2012 at 5:42 am

Loved them I made them a little did rent by chancing with the icing because I thought it was a little sweet a putt some of the filling in the icing it was great!!! Me and my grandpa made some that we’re round

7. Ralph

January 10, 2012 at 7:51 am

What ingredients do I need for raspberry cream cheese heart tarts?

8. Lori @ RecipeGirl

January 6, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I’m in love with the grilled cheese and pickle panini idea!!! XO

9. Ralph

January 5, 2012 at 7:52 am

I love to bake you really helped me with my cooking skills thank you!

10. Maurine

January 3, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Chicken in a crockpot, Oatmeal in the crockpot, and Wee-somethingorother dip (the Greek yogurt and Spike seasoning one)….couldn’t have gotten through 2011 without them!

11. Pingback: Toddler Nutrition, Food and Meals Oh My

12. catherine

January 3, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments! 2011 was a year of delicious and fun creations and I predict the same for 2012. I truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you!

13. Megan

January 3, 2012 at 10:26 am

You have an awesome blog! Now, I remember some talk of a cookbook in the future? Did I miss it coming out, or are plans still in the works???

January 3, 2012 at 7:25 pm

It is still in the works! Don’t worry, I will definitely be keeping you updated. Thank you! :)

14. Jennifer

December 31, 2011 at 11:41 am

Happy New Year! We love your blog and the wonderful, healthy recipes you share. My boys and I thank you!

15. Kristine

December 31, 2011 at 2:04 am

Happy New Year Catherine! Thank you for sharing all of your many wonderful recipes for my family to enjoy! You are a life saver! Looking forward to next year :)

All the way from Calgary, Alberta Canada,
    Kristine

16. Laura

December 30, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I have to tell you also my favorite recipe this year. Your Summer Fruit Gazpacho. It was out of this world good. My son loved it but I think I loved it more ;)

17. Mireille

December 30, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I joined your blog this year, as a new mom I just want to tell you what a fantastic resource you provide. It’s difficult to find healthy AND kid-friendly AND working-mom-friendly (I can go on but you probably get the jist of it) recipe ideas… you provide just that! Thank you! Looking forward to continuing my motherhood journey and feeding it with your recipes. :)

18. monica

December 30, 2011 at 2:25 pm

you’re awesome. they all look so great.

19. Stefani

December 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Thank you for providing another year of wonderful recipes! I look forward to all you share this next year. Here are my favorite 2011 weelicious recipes: Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, Apricot Millet Muffins, Red Beet Pancakes, Roast Carrot Coins, Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins, Baby Lamb Chops with Yogurt Mint Sauce (sans mint), Maple Soy Salmon, Mini Sweet Potato Muffins, Pistachio Pesto, and Braised Moroccan Chicken (even though I think this is an older recipe, you gave it a second mention this year and it deserves it. I make it in the crockpot or my le creuset every week using chicken thighs/legs and minus the tomato and chickpeas). Happy New Year!

20. marta howard

December 30, 2011 at 10:50 am

i made 4 out of the 10 recipes. the heart tarts were delicious and the mexican lasagna was a big hit.

21. Stephanie

December 30, 2011 at 10:34 am

Yum! We loved the strawberry/cream elves, super easy and tasty. Thank you for such easy and fun ideas!