I know fresh raspberries and marscapone cheese aren't two things people usually have on hand, but Valentine's Day only comes around once a year and just imagine how loved your little one will feel when he opens his lunch box on the 14th and finds this special Valentine's Day sammie waiting for him.
Filled with fresh raspberries, creamy marscapone (a soft spreadable Italian cheese sold in most supermarkets) and just a touch of raspberry preserves for added sweetness, this is a delicious school lunch surprise your little one won't soon forget.
In fact, your kids may start asking you if everyday can be Valentine's Day -- and who would say no to that!?
Valentine's Day School Lunch- Raspberry Mascarpone Heart Sammies (Serves 4)
- 1 8-ounce Package Mascarpone Cheese, or cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Raspberry Preserves
- 8 Slices Sandwich Bread
- 1 Pint Fresh Raspberries
Preparation1. Mix mascarpone cheese and raspberry preserves in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
2. Using a 4″ heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a hole in each piece of bread.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture onto each heart.
4. Flatten raspberries by opening them up with your fingers (check out the picture below).
5. Place four or five of the flattened raspberries on half of the bread hearts, then top with the remaining bread hearts to make sandwiches.