How to Make Fish in Parchment Paper Video - Weelicious

How to Make Fish in Parchment Paper Video

Yum

The name of this recipe may sound fancy, but it's actually my 1, 2, 3 super-easy, super-fast, no clean-up dinner. Fish in Parchment Paper is extremely healthy and fun to make because you can tailor it to you or your little ones favorite tastes and flavors. What combinations did your family try? Let us know! Post your comments below.

Comments

1. Jo

May 22, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Just saw you on “The Chew” & loved the parchment suggestion. Can chicken be substituted for the fish in your “Fish in Parchment Paper” recipe?

May 22, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Yes! It will take a bit longer to cook, though!

2. rachael

April 25, 2012 at 8:06 am

This is a delicious and easy recipe! Good for kid and adult interaction as well! Thanks for sharing!

3. Amy

April 13, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Hi! Love the blog! Can you give some alternative ideas for flavoring the fish,,, my husband likes the Mediterranean flavors, what kinds of sauce could I use in place of the soy?

April 13, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Hmmm for Mediterranean flavors you could use tomatoes, kalamata olives, onions, oregano, red pepper flakes (if you like a little spicy), garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil.

4. Emma

April 12, 2012 at 9:21 am

We made ”pork presents” last night along the same ideas – worked beautifully and boys enjoyed putting them together with carrot strips, lettuce leaves (no cabbage in house), mushroom slices, apple slices and lemon juice. Thanks! Will be trying again soon with the fish. Anything they can unwrap is popular!

5. Judy in Kalamazoo

April 4, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I am sooo going to try this! Could this same process be used with other meats? Could these be made up, popped into freezer bags, and then frozen? I’m looking for freezer friendly meals. Thanks!

April 5, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I think it would freeze very well! I’ll have to try that out. :)

6. Alexandra

April 4, 2012 at 1:18 am

I made this recipe last night as well and give you major thumbs up for it! It was my first time really making a successful parchment paper fish after unsuccessful attempts a few years ago. The sauce made itself and was so tasty yet not overpowering, I guess because of the steaming.
    Kenya looks so big now and it was really sweet watching you both cook together, as always. It’s great for me to see you cook with your children because I love doing the same but my patience is unfortunately sometimes short. So it’s great to see how you cook with kids (at two different ages now) with grace, while sharing your knowledge and sense of humour with them and us.
    Thanks for this boost of confidence in the kitchen!

7. Bailey Jane

April 3, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I have always really enjoyed your blog! So I included you in my “One Lovely Blog Awards!” Just to let you know you have a lovely blog, and it’s appreciated. :-) Follow this link to my foodie blog to accept the award, and pass it along to others blogs you deem worthy! Keep up the great work! http://foodiepatoodiebaby.blogspot.com/2012/04/reflections-in-kitchen-window-one.html

April 5, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Aww thank you!

8. Shelley

April 3, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Was going to try making fish this way and coincidentally saw this posted today! Great video…I’m a visual learner so watching you fold the packets was very helpful. We used tilapia with sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, lemon and lime slices, olive oil, parsley and dill. My 3 year old wouldn’t try it (first time trying to make fish for him) but the adults loved it. Will keep trying different combos for him.

9. Sandy Vilven

April 3, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Made this tonight and Hubby and I both loved it!

10. jessie kanelos

April 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Mmmmm, great recipe. I can’t wait to make it with coconut milk, a touch of red curry, and cilantro!

jessiekanelos.wordpress.com

11. Megan

April 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

Could these be prepped the night before and stored in the refrigerator?

April 5, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I wouldn’t store the completed package in the fridge overnight because the fish could make the veggies and the parchment really soggy. Maybe prep the veggies in one package, the sauce in another and then quickly assemble just before cooking!

12. Shannon

April 3, 2012 at 11:29 am

Great idea! My only question is what is the temp you cook them at?? I got 15-20 minutes, but at what temp?

13. snacksgiving

April 3, 2012 at 10:45 am

Wonderful recipe!
    Was also intrigued by the videos on the right – the featured ones. But the player is horrible to say the least! A 4.21 minute egg pesto video took me 10 minutes to watch – Why not stick to good ole’ YouTube ?