How to Make Sugar Cookie Pizzas Video

I promise you, no arm twisting will be required when it comes to getting your kids to help you make these. But forget the kids, this recipe is so much fun, just make them yourself! I had the best time baking and decorating a batch before Kenya and Chloe came home from school last week. As soon as they got home and saw them on the kitchen counter there were shrieks of, "Mommy! What's that?!” The next day, I made some more with them and they had a blast.

I was inspired to create this recipe after seeing The Pioneer Woman's awesome Deep Dish Fruit Pizzas. My thought was to make a version that is a bit more kid friendly. I love that each child can get their own sugar cookie "pizza" to decorate with a healthier, protein-packed "frosting" and a variety of naturally delicious fruit toppings. And since almost any fruit will work, you can change your pizza with the season, using whatever happens to be fresh.

Whether for a birthday party, the holidays or just an after school treat, Sugar Cookie Pizzas are as fun to make as they are to eat. If you don't believe me… just watch the video to see how cool they are to make and eat!

Sugar Cookie Pizzas  (10 5-inch round personal pizzas)

• 1 recipe sugar cookie dough
  • 1 1/2 cups whipped cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fresh fruit, sliced (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, bananas, apples, peaches, plums and/or pears)

1. 1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
  2. 2. Roll out sugar cookie dough to 1/4 inch thick.
  3. 3. Using a 5-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 10 cookies. You will need to re-roll the dough to get the final few cookies.
  4. 3. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden.
  5. 4. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
  6. 5. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, honey and vanilla and mix until smooth.
  7. 6. Spread cream cheese on top of each sugar cookie pizza, top with fresh fruit and serve.
Sugar Cookie Pizzas

Comments

1. Heather

June 13, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I think this will be such a hit at our upcoming family reunion. Easy to make a head and easy to transport. Thanks

2. Christina

April 30, 2012 at 9:41 am

Absolutely adorable, and such a fun idea! I’ve done decorate-your-cupcake parties, and this is a great (probably more durable) variation!

3. Jennifer

April 24, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Is there something you can replace the honey with? My daughter is allergic but she would love these!

April 24, 2012 at 6:08 pm

The honey adds sweetness. So you can leave it out, or replace it with Agave, or a bit of powdered sugar.

4. Katie

April 19, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Cute one. I’m going to make these with the kiddos this weekend. Perfect for berry season. Thanks for the inspiration.

5. Lindsey

April 17, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Your little Cloe is too cute! And the recipe sounds great too!

April 18, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Awww thank you! thank you! thank you!

6. Lindsey

April 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I am in the middle of making the pioneer woman pizza. I was on your website a day or 2 ago seeing if you had a healthier version of it.. and here it is !! haha I already purchased everything for the other one.. soo next time.. I guess… Thank you for taking the time to share with us! You have helped me make healthier choices for my family

7. jessie kanelos

April 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Thanks for the excellent idea! Double pizza parties are always the best. :)

jessiekanelos.wordpress.com

8. Nicole

April 17, 2012 at 11:18 am

These look fantastic! Do you think that I could freeze the cookies (without toppings and icing)? If so, for how long? My son’s birthday is shortly after the birth of my second baby and I would like to be prepared :) Thanks for the wonderful recipes!

April 17, 2012 at 11:30 am

Yes! Place them on a sheet tray in the freezer until they are completely frozen (about an hour) then transfer to a zip top freezer bag or other container. Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost at room temperature.

9. Holly N.

April 17, 2012 at 8:45 am

Looks so yummy! Thanks for the great recipe and awesome idea!