Top 20 Snack Foods - Weelicious

Top 20 Snack Foods

* Rice cakes
* Seaweed snack
* Bananas, apples, pears, grapes and other seasonal fruits
* Yogurt
* Homemade popsicles
* Dried fruits (raisins, dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries)
* Freeze dried fruits
* Edamame
* Popcorn
* Homemade cookie batter frozen in balls so it's easy to bake just a few at a time
* Cheese sticks
* Nuts (slivered or chopped for toddlers)
* Whole grain crackers
* Hard boiled eggs
* A handful of whole grain cereal
* Pita chips
* Bagel chips
* Protein bars (homemade or brands such as Lara or Kind bars)
* Fruit leather (homemade or store bought)
* Lollipops (yes, lollipops, preferably without added food dyes. Kids need to be kids once in a while. I buy a huge bag of organic ones at Wholefoods that lasts me a few months. Great for all those dreaded Doctor visits :)

Image by Maren Caruso

Comments

1. Pingback: Top Healthy Snack Foods – about food and health

2. Stacey

October 27, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Love your recipes and fabulous lunch ideas! Please add me to your list.
    Thank you!

3. Julie

August 6, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Hi, I love these healthy receipes – pls add me to your mailing list :)
    THX

4. Amaryah

July 30, 2013 at 11:48 am

Lovely ideas and recipes! My mom and I love all of the suggestions for toddlers the most, seeing as I have a little brother who is exactly 16 years younger than I, I love getting to make him new snacks and meals all the time!

5. gina johansen

February 26, 2013 at 9:27 am

I have signed up for recipes to be emailed and NEVER get them. Please check on this and correct. Thank You!!

February 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I am so sorry you’re having trouble with the email list! I just added you so you should start receiving emails tomorrow!

• Yuliya

February 1, 2014 at 12:30 am

Happy blogiversary! I love GtM. I’ve only been redinag since about January but I love it and may or may not have gone back and read through all the archives cuz I love your writing. And I also love to cook. WINS ALL AROUND.

6. Hedi

February 15, 2013 at 11:54 am

I’m surprised you have popcorn on this list. I would caution giving popcorn as a snack for toddlers since they are a serious choking hazard. Many guidelines recommend waiting until a child is 3 or 4 yrs. old. With so many tragic stories out there of toddlers dying from choking on popcorn, why risk it? A great alternative are the puffed snacks that dissolve easily in your mouth.

7. hotindubai

November 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

great website…just ordered your book too

8. pat stewart

October 12, 2012 at 10:54 am

can’t wait to try these delicious and healthy looking recipes!