Shhh... 5 Recipes From the Weelicious Cookbook

Blueberry Lemon Pancakes from Weelicious

Shhh....

Don't let anyone know I'm showing this to you.

Actually you can. It's just that I feel like the weelicious cookbook has been under wraps for so long -- three years, in fact -- that even though it's almost time to let the cat out of the bag, I'm still being totally top secret about it! Actually it's not out for another 6 days and still is top secret, but at least I have permission from my publisher to tempt you and sneak a few pages featuring images and recipes from the book. It's close to impossible to pick my favorites to highlight here, especially since there are over 140 fast, fresh and easy recipes to choose from, but below are a few of the ones that I make over and over...and over...because my family requests them so much.

I want to hear what you think of these pages, so feel free to leave me a comment. And I can't wait for you to see the rest of the book, which fetaures not just recipes but tips and ideas to:

* Inspire your kids to be great eaters

* Manage mealtime stresses

* Negotiate food fights

* Shop faster and easier for food as a family!

Pre-order the book today and you'll have it on your doorstep the same day it hits stores nationwide -- September 18th!

Apple Cinnamon Sticks from Weelicious

Cheesy Chicken Taquitos by Weelicious

Chocolate Velvet Beet Cupcakes from Weelicious

Weelicious Roast Pear and Banana Puree

Recipe images by Maren Caruso

Comments

1. Pingback: Beginning Solids | Make Simple Happen

2. Kylie Hughes

February 12, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I love your recipes (and so does my son)!!!

3. Kat

January 30, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Can the Apple Cinnamon Sticks be mixed with a food processor to make the dough?
    We love your cook book – Weelicious Lunches! Thanks for all your hard work!

4. Melanie

October 17, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I just made the blueberry pancakes. I doubled the recipe and used maple syrup instead of honey as my daughter is under one and can’t have honey yet. For some reason the batter came out super thick and was raw in the middle when cooked. I tried adding more milk but it didn’t help. Also, I didn’t notice any lemon flavor from the lemon or zest. Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong or how I could prevent this in the future?
    Thank you!

5. Sara

August 5, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Hello! Are there any recipes that are in the actual cookbook? Or are they all listed on the website under all recipes? Thanks!!

6. katie

June 23, 2013 at 8:37 pm

thank you for providing me with some fantastic recipes for my toddler! just a note, the blueberry lemon pancakes are great but i add a mashed banana or 2 to the batter and my son gobbles them up. also love love love the mini parmesan meatloaves

7. Kate

April 20, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I bought your cookbook a few months ago and am loving it! Quick question: I made the apple cinnamon sticks tonight and the dough was incredibly crumbly, almost to the point that I couldn’t even form a real dough. I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose like the recipe listed. Could that have impacted the consistency of the dough? Just trying to figure out where I went wrong so I can fix it for next time.

8. Jessica

March 26, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I just wanted to let you know how much your book has CHANGED MY LIFE. I’m a single mom who works ten hour days. I was pulling my hair out trying to come up with quick, easy, and healthy meals and snacks for my toddler. When I found your book, I went home and made FOUR of the recipes that night! I’ve been hooked ever since. I love that there are so many options for freezing the food (time saver) and I love the rule of three (hello, BIG time saver). This year for an Easter party, I was asked to make cupcakes for the kids. Instead, I made your breakfast cupcakes. The other moms were amazed at how quickly the kids devoured them and when I explained they only had two tablespoons of sugar, they didn’t believe me! I really can’t tell you enough how appreciative I am of your book. I practically have it memorized. Thank you, from one hard working mama to another.

9. Laurie

January 9, 2013 at 1:53 pm

The Taquitos are a HUGE hit at our house! Even my picky 2 year old who really only eats fruit and yogurt loved these… and there are never left overs… My husband would love if I made these for every meal! We love your cookbook! Just tried the pb&j thumbprint cookies and they were once again a HUGE success!! THANK YOU!

10. Christina

November 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I want to make the taquitos but I do not own a microwave do you have another suggestion for that step??

November 15, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Steam them! Boil water in a pot, place a steamer basket inside, and the tortillas on top of the steamer basket!

11. Tamara Marles

November 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Our daughter just turned one and is so incredibly independent that I’m not allowed to feed her anymore. I’m excited to try your finger food recipes!

12. Pingback: Cookbook Wednesday – Weelicious GIVEAWAY — The Fresh 20

13. Louise John

October 2, 2012 at 10:41 am

Your vegetable lasagna looks incredible. Thanks!

14. Laurie

September 27, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I just made a double batch of the apple cinnamon sticks. My 1 year old loves bread and I am always looking for non-messy snacks that are nutricious. I subbed some pumpkin purée for some of the apples because I needed to use it up. Charlotte loved them so I made another double batch for the freezer. They were very easy to make.

15. Annie

September 24, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Thank you! We made a double batch of the apple cinnamon sticks and incorporated them into a Apple Pie Trail mix for my son’s preschool class! We used made kettle corn, butterscotch chips, apple cinnamon sticks, dehdrayted apple rings and mini graham crackers sprinkle with apple pie spice, it was yummy snack mix! Thank you for the inspiration!

16. Rebecca P

September 21, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hi Catherine! I just wanted to let you know that I love love love your website! I heard of you through Ree Drummond recommending your cookbook. I just spent all of nap time researching and pinning some of your awesome recipes! I am so excited to try these out with my daughter, I am making the Chicken Taquitos tomorrow! I am ordering your cookbook right now! Please keep the fast, fresh and easy recipes coming :)

17. Kate

September 21, 2012 at 10:39 am

i made the apple cinnamon sticks today as a snack to carry for my 1-year-old. She LOVES them and so do I! If this is any indicator of your cook book, we’re checking it out ASAP!

18. Elle

September 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm

So excited to try the apple cinnamon sticks!! … I don’t have any wheat germ though … is there something I could use as a substitute for now?

September 19, 2012 at 4:14 pm

It adds flavor and nutrition, but if you don’t have any you can leave it out and add 2 tablespoons of flour!

• Elle

September 20, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Thank you :) … making them right now!

19. Cha

September 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I just got married and I’m finding my way with the cooking part of the housewife/work-from-home deal. I do enjoy cooking but I like simple, healthy recipes to try.
    Although your site is meant to be for families with little children, I’ve enjoyed making some of the recipes for my parents (while living with them) and now I’m starting to make them for hubby. I hope he likes them too.
    Being Mexican, chicken taquitos are the quintessential way of using left-over chicken but I hate having them deep-fried so I’ll definitely try your recipe. I have a few suggestions that will make them more genuinely Mexican. Try adding chopped lettuce or cabbage, diced tomatoes, sour cream (or unsweetened yogurt…they won’t notice) and crumbled cheese!!!

20. Dana

September 15, 2012 at 10:02 am

Wow, I’m trying the chicken taquitos right away! It’s great for us because my daughter has celiac and needs to eat gluten free. Looking forward to trying the roasted purée for my little guy. Thanks for the preview!
    -Dana

21. Dana

September 15, 2012 at 9:59 am

Wow, I’m trying the chicken taquit

22. Rachel

September 15, 2012 at 5:32 am

Oh yay! Can’t wait to try the taquitos and apple cinnamon sticks! Have you tried those with less cinnamon? My li’l guy sometimes reacts to it, so I may need to use less… any chance it will be good if I just leave it off? Thanks Catherine!

September 17, 2012 at 11:00 am

The cinnamon adds so much flavor! You could use nutmeg or allspice instead!

23. Jessica

September 13, 2012 at 2:50 am

Oooh!! How fun to get a sneak-peek! Nice selection of recipes for everyone here. I love the food photos-looks like a slightly different style than what is on your website, so that makes it new and fresh! I can’t wait for Sept 18!! I pre-ordered!

24. ashlea

September 12, 2012 at 6:50 pm

The only thing I wish is that the beautiful, fun cover was part of the book instead of a slip cover. its my first hardcover cook book and although i usually throw covers away I guess I’ll have to fina a way to tape it on because its just too nice to toss out!

25. Catherine

September 12, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I am so excited to get my preorder. SO excited!!! :-)

26. Karen

September 12, 2012 at 3:08 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE these! So happy I already ordered a cookbook – can’t wait to get it in the mail!

• Louise

February 3, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Can you suggest a whole wheat flour to buy? When I attempted to make the lemon blueberry pancakes the batter was extremely thick and I couldn’t use it, can you advise please.

February 4, 2013 at 11:16 am

I use King Arthur Flour!

27. Erin G

September 12, 2012 at 10:46 am

Looks wonderful! Can’t wait to recieve my copy!!!!