My Favorite Recipes from 2012

Top 10 Healthy Recipes My Kids Love from 2012

Yum

As we get ready to say goodbye to 2012, I have been reflecting on all the wonderful food that graced our table week after week -- the recipes my family asked for time and again and which will most certainly be making more appearances in the New Year.

Food nourishes not only our bellies, but our souls. Like traditions or laughter, it is something that forever binds families together. It provides us with indelible memories and makes us nostalgic as we get older. Here are just a few of the recipes that have become favorites in my home. Hopefully they will in yours as well.

Roast Chicken with Caramelized Lemons, Cherry Tomatoes, and Olives

Cinnamon Roast Butternut Squash

Lightened up Spaghetti Carbonara

Veggie Heavy Pizza Sauce

Better Than Ice Cream - Greek Yogurt with Cinnamon and Honey

Southern Pork Tenderloin

Green Ice Pops

Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

Chicken Nuggets

No Work Chicken

Carrot Ginger Sauce

Strawberry Milk

Green Veggie Pancakes

And some of my favorites from other bloggers!

Easy Chicken Shwarma from Aida Mollenkamp

Quinoa Fruit Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod

Lemongrass Shrimp and Miso Udon Soup from Turntable Kitchen

Super Spinach Salad from Shutterbean

Light and Healthy Chicken Nachos (gluten free!) from With Style and Grace

A Balanced Breakfast from Joy The Baker

Mushroom Barley Soup from The Shiksa in the Kitchen

Comments

1. April

December 3, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Such a bummer so many of these include eggs, dairy, or wheat. We can’t eat any of those things, even though I know kids love those things. I hope one day there will be websites that include kid meals that don’t include those things!

2. Cyndi Balk

September 8, 2013 at 11:02 am

Referred by a friend who raves about your recipes! Can’t wait to try.

3. Tanya

August 16, 2013 at 9:25 am

Looking forward to trying new recipes for kids school lunches and dinners!

4. Joanna Schrimmel

May 22, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Can’t wait to try these on my picky eaters!

5. Pingback: Her Fitness Hut » 30 Blogs on Maintaining Weight Loss Her Fitness Hut

6. corrine

January 21, 2013 at 1:04 pm

My 4 year old has always been at the bottom of the charts for weight. He had a huge growth spurt this year without gaining a commensurate amount of weight causing his BMI to dip off the charts; for the first time our pediatrician is expressing real concern. My husband and I both work full time and find — as most couples do — that managing careers and two little ones is very difficult. I know that our eating habits and mealtime routines need to change and am working on that. Just bought your cookbook and am excited to try it out. But I was hoping you might have some tips/recipes for parents like me with an underweight child. Any help would be most appreciated!

7. Pingback: 30 Blogs on Maintaining Weight Loss » Nanny.NET

8. Lyla

January 2, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Great ideas for little ones! Love the Pea Wee Kiwi Pops :) Thanks for sharing.

9. Dina

January 1, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I love the veggie heavy pizza sauce. I’m looking forward to trying the other recipes as well!

10. ctgirl

January 1, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I added all these recipes into my recipe box. Basically all your recipes are in my recipe box!

11. Maria

December 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Love them all and I know Caleb will too! Happy New Year! xo

12. Ruth Pinnell

December 29, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Your southern pork loin, chicken nuggets, barley and mushrooms, chicken tacquitos,, and green beans w/ bacon are frequently requested at my house – along with so many others! Thank you so much for another wonderful year of fantastic, easy, and healthy recipes! Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy New Year!

13. marla

December 29, 2012 at 11:52 am

Mmmmmm. I love all these too!!!

• ctgirl

January 1, 2013 at 8:23 pm

me too!

• batul12

November 3, 2013 at 6:43 am

ooh plz i dont think sooooooo specially green ice pop yuky