I'm in desperate need of some new healthy recipes and so I've spent the first few weeks of 2013 working on a bunch of them.
I love cooking with chicken breasts because in less time than it would take for me to go to the drive-through, and with very little work, I can transform them into a variety of different dishes that will get my family really excited.
Since both of my kids are into eating any herb they can pick themselves from our garden or find at the farmers' market, this Lemon Herb Chicken recipe is a no brainer. I let Kenya and Chloe grab a big handfuls of their favorite herbs to chop up with me and then help me mix them with a dollop of zesty mustard and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Baked in this herby marinade the chicken breasts come out of the oven moist, juicy and full of flavor, all with a minimum amount of work.
How's that for healthy and delicious?
Lemon Herb Chicken (serves 4-6)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (I used parsley, cilantro, and basil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 2 smalls lemons
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and coat chicken well with marinade.
3. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.