How To Make Healthy Nachos

Baseball and basketball games, state fairs and slumber parties. When I think of those kinds of events the first food that comes to mind is nachos. As a kid, whenever we were out and I had the chance to ask for something we wouldn't make at home, nachos were one of the not-so-healthy things that I wanted. I mean what kid doesn't like crispy tortilla chips piled high and covered with layers of melted cheese?

The ball park version nachos gets a pretty low score when it comes to health, but that doesn't mean you can't play around with the idea that nachos can still be a darn good balanced meal. This quick video will show you how easy it is to do that!

Comments

1. Jenny

October 21, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I make these all the time. I added seasoned lean ground beef and plain Greek yogurt (sour cream sub.) for more protein.

2. Lollie

January 3, 2014 at 12:55 pm

i’ve been using greek yogurt in place of sour cream – kids don’t even notice the difference!

3. Maria

July 17, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Looks delicious! Going to make it for the boys this weekend!

4. suha nadeem

July 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm

hi i am suha my mom trys your recipes and she is amazed

5. Fran Klenda

June 27, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Please send any new repice.

6. mandyk8585

May 22, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Looks and sounds amazing maybe its something I can get my daughter to eat too she is about to be three soon and it is impossible to get her to eat anything unless its yogurt or chicken nuggets thanks for the idea.

• Alexey

February 2, 2014 at 10:50 am

Heaven help all of us when J and Wilzie find themselves in a room toehtger. And I think WWJD is supposed to relate to what is the most Christian thing you can do in this situation and not which one of these is the most bomb diggity and I’m spitting on it to claim it mine. Therefore, if Wilzie was going to play the WWJD card, he would get those nachos bagged and drop them off at the first homeless man he came across. Also add smarter than my husband to your CV.

7. Hannah

May 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I am 13 years old and I make this for when my friends come over and we sit with them and a good movie and munch away they are usually finished within the first 30 mins we LOVE them they taste SO yummy !:-)

8. Tracey

April 14, 2013 at 3:06 am

Sounds so yummy! Can’t wait to try this recipe! Thank you!

9. Rachel

April 13, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Nacho night is our kids favorite night at home… we make all the fixings separately (beans, beef/turkey, cheese sauce, etc.). Then we mix the fixings in our bowl and dip the chips in. I like it so much better that way… though I guess that wouldn’t work as well for a crowd and watching the game. Thanks for the video to refer to when game day arrives. :)

10. Julia

April 10, 2013 at 10:46 am

Nachos are the best and making them healthy is even better!

11. HeatherChristo

April 9, 2013 at 12:46 pm

OOOh yeah!! I LOVE nacho’s!- these look great!

12. Ora

April 9, 2013 at 12:34 pm

My husband will love these!

13. Anna Marks

April 9, 2013 at 12:17 pm

looks and sounds great.. :) :) :)

14. Laura

April 9, 2013 at 11:39 am

Love nachos! I like to put some veggie meat crumbles on there for even more protein.

• Geoffrey

February 1, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Aside from the pork, Jesus wouldn’t eat chesee and meat together. He was kosher. Wilzie is such goyim.Jesus would eat roast goat or fish (he knows how to make a little go a long way), pita, and lentils. Then he’d dip some figs in honey and sip on a glass of Mogen David.As far as footwear, he would so NOT wear Nike shoes. He was a proponent of social justice, so he’d wear Tom’s. Or those Israeli sandals. Whatever didn’t catch on his tzittzit.

15. Paula - bell'alimento

April 9, 2013 at 11:22 am

I love everything about this. Sounds like our after school snack today!