Last September, when my first book Weelicious: One Family. One Meal. was born (I mean published), I wrote that it felt like I was giving birth to a third child. Well this year I am getting ready to relive that whole experience again with the release of my new book, Weelicious Lunches, and I couldn't feel more lucky.
Since Kenya started preschool almost four years ago, I've photographed his and Chloe's lunches in their Planet Box and LapTop lunch boxes and posted them everyday on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. I find the daily question of what to pack my kids off to school with a major challenge and I hoped the pictures would provide weelicious readers with some inspiration. Over the years I heard from so many of you on this subject -- from simply looking for new school lunch ideas to what to do about how often your child's lunch comes home uneaten -- that I became obsessed. I found the subject so interesting I just kept writing. The result is this new book.
Inside Weelicious Lunches you'll find_
* How to easily put together the perfect, balanced school lunch...that your kids will actually want to eat
* Reinventing Leftovers- how to turn last night's dinner into something totally new, delicious, and exciting.
* Strategies For "Picky" Eaters
* Food Allergies at the Lunch Table (complete with a comprehensive, easy-to-follow chart breaking down every recipe in the book)
* Over 160 recipes and over 100 beautiful color photographs
Over the next few weeks I'm going to give you exclusive sneak peaks of the book, a teaser video previewing what's inside and how to make preparing lunch a fun experience, awesome giveaways, and much more to get you all jazzed up for going back this fall to making school lunch again. Until then, try and enjoy some summer fun.. that is unless you're making camp lunch!
And please leave me comments below telling me what you love or hate about making school lunch. I'm always interested!
Here's a few sources you can pre-order the book so it's on your doorstep the day it's released!