Veggie Tortilla Roll Ups Video

Weelicious Lunches is Here + Veggie Tortilla Roll Up Video!

The other day, someone asked me if I could have one dream come true for Weelicious, what would it be? I thought long and hard about it and then I realized….it's already happening -- the Weelicious Lunches cookbook is out today!

Ever since Kenya started preschool and bringing his lunch with him, writing this book has been a passion of mine. I look forward to making my kids' school lunch every day (well, almost every day), but even I have times when I can't think of what to make. This book is meant to help any mom who has ever found herself in the same position. My copy of the book actually arrived from the publisher a few weeks ago and I've been menu planning ahead for back to school, sitting with the kids and letting them pick out all the recipes they want to try from it. Some recipes are less familiar to them as I have only made them once or twice before but many are old favorites of their's that they want to rediscover.

Anyway, I can't wait for you to see the book. If you haven't ordered it already, I hope you can take a moment to peek inside here or here to see what you think. It's hard for me to pick a favorite chapter or recipe, but I am particularly proud of the allergy section. For all you parents of kids with food allergies or dietary restrictions, or even for those whose children go to nut-free schools, I hope it will come in handy.

To celebrate the Weelicious Lunches cookbook release I'm posting a new video today for a quick vegetarian wrap that's featured in the book. Veggie Tortilla Roll-Ups (which is made with my Supereasy Hummus recipe) are a simple 1-2-3 meal which provide a vegetable, protein and carbohydrate all in one dish.

Over the next few weeks I would love to hear what you think of the book. If you haven't heard me say it enough over the past few years as I've been writing it, thank you for all of your kind words, suggestions, and support. Weelicious readers made this book become a reality!

Comments

1. Rachel

September 9, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Oh how I want it, but I’d like to see it to decide if want a Kindle version or paper (I’m trying to move to digital!)… so two questions… what stores are carrying it? and When would I have to wait til to get the Kindle version? I just borrowed the first book from the library and made 7 recipes in that first weekend. I think that means I should buy that one too! :) Thank you Catherine!

September 10, 2013 at 12:57 pm

You can find it wherever books are sold! Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books a Million, Indie Bound, etc… :) The eBook is already available on iTunes!

2. Cathy Riviere

September 9, 2013 at 12:56 pm

um! That looks great and oh so healthy. Looking forward to more of the same. Thanks.

Cathy

3. Andie

September 9, 2013 at 11:24 am

So excitedwe recieved your book Weelicious lunches! We have tried several recipes already! We love Love LOVE the pizza balls with your tomato sauce which has the “hidden veggies”, chocolate chip granola bars, peach leather and black bean hummus dip. also loved your heritage Tomato salad recipe and veggie pancakes which were on your web page. I am looking forward to retrying the Roasted Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas– I burned them first time around as I did not hear the timer -GRRRR:-( I think they will be awesome though:) My kids are even excited about trying all sorts of things including some veggie recipes which is a miracle LOL Thank you for your inspiring and tasty lunch ideas

4. Reynaul

September 5, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Got my copy yesterday and I have already tagged about a dozen things to try! My son is only 2 but I love having lunch ideas for the weekends because I always seem to be at a loss when it comes time to eat lunch! Thanks for a great blog and books!

5. Kristin

September 5, 2013 at 8:31 am

I received Weelicious Lunches on Tuesday and have already made the whole grain fruit bars. My first grader went through the cookbook telling me the things he wants me to make. He got so excited! I plan on shopping at our farmers’ market this weekend to stock up for cooking on Sunday. :)

6. Julie K

September 4, 2013 at 9:36 pm

My twins are only a year and 1/2 so they aren’t quite reay for school, but they loved these veggie tortilla rollups for dinner tonight.

7. Jane M.

September 3, 2013 at 11:47 pm

My sister got the copy I sent her and is planning her daughter’s school lunches. She made the “sushi” sandwiches for her daughters’ lunch on Saturday and they gobbled them up. If you knew their eating habits, you would know that that was a huge compliment.

8. Lindsey L.

September 3, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Got my book today ! I love it. Excited to try some of the recipes this week.

9. Barb

September 3, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Okay, here’s the deal….I don’t have little ones at home anymore BUT….I love to eat a healthy lunch…so….Weelicious lunches is on its way to my house TODAY!!!! I can’t wait to make these veggie tortilla roll-ups. Great ideas…keep them coming!

10. Kathleen

September 3, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I want that tortilla roll-up for myself! So delicious looking, easy to make and healthy to boot!

11. Jessica

September 3, 2013 at 1:32 pm

HORRAY for Weelicious lunches and this delicious, healthy sandwich! Can’t wait to try it! Ahem….I mean, MY KIDDOS can’t wait! :) Congrats on the book – looks amazing!

12. Tammy

September 3, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I have been looking forward to this day for a year! I’m so delighted that it’s finally here! Congratulations!

13. Erin SG

September 3, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I pre-ordered my copy a while ago and its already arrived! Normally when I get a new cookbook, I look through it from beginning to end then go back and put little sticky tabs on the recipes I want to try first. Well, not this time because I want to make pretty much every single recipe that’s in there!!!! My twins are starting school this week and I’m so excited to use these amazing recipes for their lunches. Congrats and thanks for another fantastic book!

14. Aimee Wimbush-Bourque

September 3, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Huge congrats!! We are loving our copy. xox

15. Pam Tomlin

September 3, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Can’t wait for it to come out in Kindle! We don’t do paper books, magazines or newspapers any longer.

16. Marion

September 3, 2013 at 11:18 am

I pre-ordered mine and should have it on Thursday. I am so excited and literally jumping for joy!