Sweet Potato Pancakes Stack (makes 16 pancakes)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups Milk*
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or oil.
5. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer.