Pasta Veggie Scramble is a dish Kenya has loved since he was a kid. The recipe idea came to me after I had eaten a similar dish, Pasta Mama, from a restaurant I love in Los Angeles called Hugo's. Hugo's is a deliciously healthy place which uses only organic and wholesome ingredients in every dish and drink they create, and I'm inspired whenever I eat there.
While many people think of using eggs only in breakfast dishes or baked goods, for me eggs have always been an awesome dinner choice as well. Used in this Pasta Veggie Scramble, the result is a spectacular choice for vegetarians or families on a budget since you probably already have fresh eggs in your fridge and a box full of spaghetti in your pantry. The addition of just a few fresh vegetables and some grated cheese are the only other things you'll need to produce this filling entree that's totally scrumptious and super quick to make.
I find it to be a lifesaver, especially on weeknights. When I first started making it I would take my kids to the grocery and tell them they could pick out any vegetables they wanted from the produce aisle to put into it. Both of my kids have always been partial to onions and zucchini and bell peppers as well. With the latter two being in season now, it helps cut down on the price of the dish. Still, you should feel free to improvise with using whatever vegetables you prefer or have on hand. In 20 minutes or less you will have this piping hot meal on your table, ready for the whole family to dig in!
*This post is sponsored by Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.
Pasta Mama (4)
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 large Eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain, toss with a bit of oil to prevent sticking, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, and salt, and sauté 2 minutes, until all the veggies are soft.
4. Add the cooked pasta to the veggies and toss to combine.
5. Pour the whisked eggs and the parmesan over the veggies, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly and scraping the egg off the bottom of the pan, until the eggs are cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve.