This is a guest post from Amanda Chantal Bacon, Founder of Moon Juice.
Monster Milk is fun kid stuff. My 4 year old Rohan and his friends love to join in the making of a monster from the moon. Having kids scoop the chia seeds into water and stir them as they bloom. Checking on them with curious poking fingers is a great science experiment. Then letting kids pour the monster bumps into the green solution and wiggle around with a straw and feel in their mouth is so much fun. Especially fun for moms to be able to watch kids giggle with delight as they are drinking green juice and loading up on plant protein, good fats and omegas for their brain.
Monster Milk (serves 2 )
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, bloomed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup green juice
- 2 teaspoons honey, or 2 pitted medjool dates
PreparationTo Bloom the Chia Seeds:
1. Add the chia seeds to a bowl and cover with water. Let sit for 1-2 hours, stirring 2-3 times so that the seeds sprout, making them more easily digested.
To Make Monster Milk:
1. Place the almond milk, green juice, and honey in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Divide the bloomed chia seeds between 2 glasses and top with the monster milk.