Homemade Oreo Cookies Video | Weelicious

Homemade Oreo Cookies Video

Yum

When I was a kid I would have survived on boxed treats if someone let me. My mom was pretty tough on us when it came to eating sugar, so I would grab it wherever and whenever I could. On Saturdays the baseball team would go door to door selling Krispy Kreme donuts, so I would persuade my dad to buy us a box. On Sunday’s after church I was more than thrilled if someone showed up with a box of raspberry or apple Entemann’s coffee cake that still leaves me weak in the knees. At slumber parties my friends would always persuade their parents to buy a roll of slice and bake chocolate chip cookies that we would devour before even one made it into the oven. Without a doubt, though, the one boxed treat that I would cobble my money together to buy were Oreos. Regular, double stuffed, holiday... no matter whether the theme and whether they’re from Trader Joes, Nabisco or even the Costco brand passed out at Sunday school, I wanted to eat as many as someone would let me consume.

Homemade Oreo Cookies video from weelicious.com

I still want my kids to be able to indulge in my childhood favorites, so I have been making versions in the kitchen that taste just as good and possibly even better! Watch this Homemade Oreo Cookies Video to see how easy it is to make a store bought dessert right in your home. The best part is that you can pronounce the ingredients in this recipe unlike the side of the Oreo package with words that are tricky at best.

Homemade Oreo Cookies video from weelicious.com

Rich chocolate cookies sandwiched together with creamy center so decadent you can just have one. What’s not to love?!

Homemade Oreo Cookies video from weelicious.com

Homemade Oreo Cookies video from weelicious.com

Homemade Oreo Cookies video from weelicious.com

Photos by Matt Armendariz

Comments

1. Lakeisha Rhyant

August 12, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I have not been on your site for a while. I decided to come on and wow so excited you found a way to make Oreos. I remember I emailed you or something about it about a year or so ago. You Rock!

• C. McCord

August 15, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Thanks for coming back to visit! I hope you love this recipe!

2. Heather

July 2, 2016 at 6:18 am

Just saw this today and it was perfect timing because I was trying to remember where I saw this recipe! I can’t wait to make these with my kids. Do you think chilled coconut oil will work in place of the vegetable shortening? That is the only ingredient I don’t have :).

As for my favorite as a kid, this was up there. I also loved brown sugar pop tarts and those hostess lemon hand pies!

• C. McCord

July 4, 2016 at 10:32 pm

I haven’t tested the chilled coconut oil in place of the shortening, but I would love to know if you do and how it works out!

3. Karen

April 25, 2016 at 1:11 am

Can I get a print version of the receipt?

4. Karen

April 25, 2016 at 1:09 am

Would love a homemade recipe of fig newtons.

5. Marena Goodman

April 23, 2016 at 5:58 pm

i love ur oreo cookies recipe

6. Amber

April 20, 2016 at 10:17 am

I loved the packaged oatmeal cream pies. I would love a healthy, home-made version to share this childhood treat with my children!

7. Karen Cahill

April 19, 2016 at 12:20 pm

I tried the recipe today after watching the video and the dough didn’t turn out at all … a crumbly mess no matter what I did with it … and a hard to clean up food processor. I make cookies all the time, many from the No Guesswork Cooking Cookbook and never have trouble. I hoped to quickly whip these up for a church supper tomorrow … fortunately I have other cookies panned in the freezer, ready to bake.

• C. McCord

April 20, 2016 at 10:13 am

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that! I wonder if you needed to let it mix a little longer in the food processor? These work beautifully every time I make them.

8. Gina

April 19, 2016 at 10:53 am

My favorites were those white and pink frosted animal cookies.