In California (where we live) as well as many states beyond, it still feels like summer outside. All last week I picked up overheated kids from school begging for something cool to eat or drink. Wanting to make sure Kenya and Chloe reach for a nutritious, yet fun treat to fill their bellies with a good for you snack, I made dozens (I mean an entire freezer full) of these Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles.
Not only are they gorgeous to look with all of the vibrant colors throughout, but they’re made with superfoods like acai and spinach as well as mango, blackberries, raspberries and pineapple. The best part is the 10 grams of protein per serving in the yogurt I used as the base for these totally irresistible popsicles!
I made one dozen with our family favorite delicious Annie’s Organic Whole Milk Plain Milk Yogurt and another with the Annie’s Very Vanilla Yogurt to see if the kids would prefer one flavor over the other in the Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles, but they licked them both up till they were only left with their sticks in hand. I love that Annie’s yogurt comes in quarts because we go through it so fast I feel like I’m constantly buying more. Gemma, who just turned one, has been cruising through almost a quart on her own every week!
Chloe loves having the Annie’s whole milk summer strawberry yogurt tubes in her lunchbox or an after school snack. I love that they're perfect and easy to grab for on the go! This yogurt is made with real, simple ingredients like organic whole milk, real fruit, and has no GMOs, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
I originally made these wholesome popsicles with Kenya and Chloe in mind, but guess who’s also a big fan? I’ve been giving Gemma one on warm afternoons and let her lop it up on her own. It’s the cutest thing watching a baby suck on these Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles and they’re great for her too!
I made this Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles video so you can have a few tips to help make these quick and easy. It’s a really fun activity to prepare with your kids, so get them in the kitchen to make and eat them with you!
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the Winners!
1) Nora B
2) Kate E
4) Jen E
5) Vunda V
6) Miranda Z
7) Michelle H
8) Cari W
9) Judith R
Giveaway Details Prize: Ten (10) lucky Weelicious readers will receive 5 VIP coupons for full-sized containers of the new Annie's Organic Whole Milk Yogurt Tubes and Tubs. This giveaway is sponsored by Annie's. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Duration: This giveaway will be open until Monday, September 19th at 11_59pm. How To Enter_ In the comments below tell me your child’s favorite fruit or vegetable! For more chances to win, share this giveaway on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+ with the hashtag #WeeliciousGiveaways, and leave a separate comment for each letting me know you've done so. Who Can Enter_ Open to residents in the U.S.A. How Winner Will Be Chosen_ The winner(s) will be chosen at random and will be notified via email. The winner(s) will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles + Annie's Giveaway (makes 12)
- 32 ounces Annie's plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1/2 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1/2 cup black berries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 3.53 ounce pack acai, defrosted
1. Place raspberries and 1/2 cup yogurt in blender and puree until smooth. Divide evenly between 12 large popsicle molds and freeze for 5-10 minutes.
2. Place mango and 1/2 cup yogurt in blender and puree until smooth. Pour on top of raspberry mixture in popsicle molds, and freeze for 5-10 minutes.
3. Place pineapple and 1/2 cup yogurt in blender and puree until smooth. Pour on top of mango mixture in popsicle molds, and freeze for 5-10 minutes.
4. Place spinach and 3/4 cup yogurt in blender and puree until smooth. Pour on top of pineapple mixture in popsicle molds, and freeze for 5-10 minutes.
5. Place blueberries and 1/2 cup yogurt in blender and puree until smooth. Pour on top of spinach mixture in popsicle molds, and freeze for 5-10 minutes.
6. Place blackberries, acai and 1/4 cup yogurt in blender and puree until smooth. Pour on top of blueberry mixture in popsicle molds, and freeze for 5-10 minutes.
7. Place popsicle sticks in molds and freeze overnight.