You know when you see a new ingredient at Trader Joe’s that it’s going to be a trendy food you’re going to see more and more of. The first time I tried cauliflower rice I was OBSESSED! I had been using finely chopped cauliflower “rice” to make insanely delicious Cauliflower Crusted Grilled Cheese, but using it as an alternative to rice is not only tasty, but a low carb and paleo way to eat. This Asian Style Cauliflower Rice is bright in color, is made with tons of vegetables and seasoned with soy sauce, ginger, scallions and more!
I’ve been making tons of varieties of cauliflower rice, but this version with a bunch of veggies including edamame, spinach and bell peppers is one of my favorites. I love the vegetables in the recipe, but you can add baby boy choy, grated carrots, chopped broccoli or anything else you have on hand. Everything in the recipe should be chopped so it cooks really quick making it a quick meal to whip up. I totally suggest making double as it’s great to eat right out of the fridge the next day for a quick, low carb lunch.
If your child has been avoiding cauliflower, you’re wanting something a little bit lighter for dinner, or you want a side dish that will really wow your friends, you need to make this Asian Style Cauliflower Rice pronto!
Asian Style Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped in food processor until it resembles rice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shelled Edamame
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 scallions, chopped
1. Heat a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat, add oil and sauté onion and ginger for 1 minute. Add bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add cauliflower and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, edamame, soy sauce and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
3. Top with chopped scallions and serve.