When I was trying to find a teething biscuit for Kenya, I was shocked at how many recipes contained 1-2 cups of sugar. Do you really want your infant to be jazzed up on tons of sugar. I played around with a bunch of nutritious ingredients and came up with this soft and wholesome cookie Kenya loves.
“Not too sweet” mini cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, place all the wet ingredients and blend for several seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the food processor with the wet ingredients.
- Process until the mixture forms a ball of dough.
- Sprinkle extra whole wheat flour onto a counter surface and place dough. Roll or pat into a rectangle (about 1/2-inch thick).
- With a knife, make a cut down the center of the dough and more across to create 22 mini cookies.
- Place cookies on a silpat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool throughly on cookie sheet and serve.