If working on Weelicious for so long has taught me anything at all, it’s this… Kids want fun food! Whether it’s in fun shapes or bright colors, it’s more exciting to eat when its bite size and conceptually fun. These kabobs are the perfect hit for a holiday party, especially when kids will be part of the festivities. My favorite part about this dish is that you can make them up in just minutes and refrigerate them ahead of time, so all you have to do right before your guests arrive is pop them under the broiler for a few minutes.
No matter what the ages are of your group, big and little kids alike will totally dig these. Kenya loved pulling each chunk off the stick, studying them for a bit and then popping them into his mouth (of course Daddy and I were there to remove the sticks after just in case)!
Pineapple Ham Kabobs
- 1 Ham Steak or 2 Cups Cooked, Boneless Ham, cut into chunks
- 2 Cups Pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomato
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Wooden or metal sticks
- If you’re using wooden sticks, submerge them in water for 30 minutes before using so they don’t burn under the broiler. Cut the sticks in half and trim sharp points.
- Alternately place the ham, pineapple and cherry tomatoes on the sticks (I put 6-8 per stick).
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice, agave and dijon mustard.
- Brush the kabobs with the orange juice mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5-10 minutes (make sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.