Raspberry Cream Chocolate Cookies couldn’t be any easier to make. And as a bonus, they freeze beautifully so you can make the dough ahead of time, cut out the cookies and freeze them, then just bake when you’re ready!
I’ve told you about my M.I.L. many times. Basically because she’s a total goddess of good…and, on occasion, of epicurean evil. I’ll explain.
First the good. Vivien spoils rotten all those around her, be it with her time, her gifted ear for listening, or her sage advice and conversation, and she possesses the rare ability of making whoever she is talking with feel like they are the only person in the room. When it comes to gifts, she always searches tirelessly for things the recipient of her generosity will truly love. I can rely on her for anything and although we are 3000 miles apart, I treasure our almost nightly phone conversations as well as her frequent visits to visit us.
Now for the evil part. On those frequent visits, one of the things Vivien and I love to do is pop into Clare Vivier to ogle over her gorgeous bags and then restore ourselves by stopping next door at one of the most drool-worthy bakeries I’ve ever been to, Lark. Without fail, Viv cannot leave without buying several boxes filled with Lark’s delectable cupcakes and cookies — simply picking one or two treats is not how she rolls. That’s true evil in my book, however my kids could not be more thrilled. As a result, they have become true connoisseurs of Lark’s heavenly offerings. Over time they have settled on a favorite, The Old Fashioned Ice Box, a tower of thin chocolate cookies covered with thick, fluffy whipped cream.
Chocolate cookies and whipped cream are a combination Kenya and Chloe cannot resist and these Raspberry Cream Chocolate Cookies are sort of a reverse twist on Lark’s decadent treat. I go for more of a sandwich with my version, filling the cookies with a red hued cream made with fresh raspberries. Cut your cookies in the shape of hearts and it’s hard to find a dessert that says “I love you” better than these. Evil never tasted so good.
Raspberry Cream Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉.
- 2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Place in the bowl of a food processor.
- 3. Add the butter and sugars to the food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse meal. Add the egg and continue to pulse until a dough forms.
- 4. Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or on a lightly floured surface until 1/4 inch thick and cut out cookies with a 2-inch heart shaped cookie cutter.
- 5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will be soft at first, but harden as they cool.
- 6. In the bowl of a standing mixer or with an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar and raspberries on high until light and fluffy.
- 7. Spread 1 teaspoon of filling onto half of the cookies and sandwich together with the remaining cookies.