I promise you, no arm twisting will be required when it comes to getting your kids to help you make these. But forget the kids, this recipe is so much fun, just make them yourself! I had the best time baking and decorating a batch before Kenya and Chloe came home from school last week. As soon as they got home and saw them on the kitchen counter there were shrieks of, “Mommy! What’s that?!” The next day, I made some more with them and they had a blast.
I was inspired to create this recipe after seeing The Pioneer Woman’s awesome Deep Dish Fruit Pizzas. My thought was to make a version that is a bit more kid friendly. I love that each child can get their own sugar cookie “pizza” to decorate with a healthier, protein-packed “frosting” and a variety of naturally delicious fruit toppings. And since almost any fruit will work, you can change your pizza with the season, using whatever happens to be fresh.
Whether for a birthday party, the holidays or just an after school treat, Sugar Cookie Pizzas are as fun to make as they are to eat. If you don’t believe me… just watch the video to see how cool they are to make and eat!
Sugar Cookie Pizzas
- 1 recipe sugar cookie dough, linked below
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh fruit, sliced (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, bananas, apples, peaches, plums and/or pears)
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Roll out sugar cookie dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a 5-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 10 cookies. You will need to re-roll the dough to get the final few cookies.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, honey and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese on top of each sugar cookie pizza, top with fresh fruit and serve.