Who doesn't like Mexican? Its simple food, but somehow the flavors are so vibrant and delicious. I was also shocked at how gorgeous the finished product looked.
This is a beginner version for using peppers which have tons of beta carotene and vitamin C. With the remaining bell pepper, I cut it into cubes for Kenya to eat as finger food. You could add a little chili powder to add spice, but I didn't want it to over power the other flavors, so instead I added the fresh cilantro.
I let Kenya press the button on the food processor and he was chatting away, begging to scoop it out and let him try a bite. This one is a total hit with babies.
We used these to make this recipe_
Mexican Chicken (makes 1 cup)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
Preparation1. Place chicken in a steamer pot over boiling water. Let steam for 4 minutes.
2. Add the bell add continue to steam another 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree. You can use some of the chicken stock from the steamer pan or the juice from the canned tomatoes to make it smooth.
4. Cool and serve.