Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Bites

smoked-salmon-and-cream-cheese-bites.jpg

One of our favorite vendors at our local farmer’s market is Marilyn — or, "the fish lady" as we affectionately call her. She sells the most amazing, fresh seafood every Sunday and she loves showering Kenya with special gifts from the sea. One item she always gives him is a slice or two of her home smoked salmon. My husband grew up eating a lot of smoked salmon, gravlax and other types of smoked fish and says Marilyn’s is the best he's ever eaten.

Since Kenya is such a big fan, I decided to make these beautiful little salmon cream cheese bites to add to his lunch rotation. They're the perfect treat because they're easy for him to pick up and eat and they look just like little sushi rolls!

Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Bites  (2 Servings)

• 4 tablespoons cream cheese (i use whipped cream cheese because it’s easier to spread)
  • 2 whole wheat or multi grain tortillas
  • 4 6 slices smoked salmon

1. 1. Spread cream cheese evenly on tortillas.
  2. 2. Place smoked salmon in a layer covering the cream cheese.
  3. 3. Roll up the tortillas into a cylinder.
  4. 4. Cut into rolls.
Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Bites

Comments

1. Starla

February 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I’d like to echo Melanie’s question. Is there a specific brand of smoked salmon you might recommend that I could pick up at our grocery store? I’ve only had smoked salmon once. Loved it, but I didn’t buy it so I’m not sure of the name brand and being that it’s fish, I’d like to get a good quality brand.

February 21, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I get mine at the Farmer’s Market, but Trader Joe’s also has quality brands!

2. Julie

April 4, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Same question about the tortillas – but Marina, that is a great idea about the bread.

3. Marina

October 5, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I have just made very similar pinwheel sandwiches using regular wholewheat bread. I cut off the crust and flattened it using a rolling pin, topped with creamcheese and salmon, rolled up and then cut into slices.

4. melanie

October 5, 2010 at 3:29 pm

What kind or brand tortillas do you buy? I have not found any that don’t have a bunch of ingredients I can’t pronounce. Also, I am a novice when it comes to sea food…how and where do I buy smoked salmon if the Farmer’s Market doesn’t have a “Marilyn”?

• Corbin

December 1, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Why would you use a wheat tortilla when its all about the smoked salmon flavor? When you use all wheat its like your trying to flavor the wheat rather than compliment the salmon. Smoked salmon doesn’t need any help.. Use flour tortillas if you like the taste of salmon , Leave the wheat for fresh baked bread! Id say the same for sandwiches.

5. Pingback: The Delicious Revolution Cookbook Sampler – Easy To Make Healthy Food Recipes | DailyVideoRecipes.com