Grilled Lemon Asparagus is such an easy side and goes well with almost any dish. It’s one of our favorites!
Hands down, this has been my kids’ most requested recipe in the past two weeks. Since Kenya and Chloe started spotting beautiful emerald green asparagus wrapped in bundles at our local Farmers’ Market they have been requesting it for dinner non-stop. Instead of simply steaming the asparagus, I make a mixture of lemon and olive oil to coat them with before AND after grilling.
No exaggeration, I’ve made this recipe for dinner 4 times in the last week. This past weekend my in-laws came over and the whole family had dinner together, enjoying steak, salmon, salad, roast potatoes and this asparagus recipe which flew off the platter faster then anything else on the menu!
If your little ones have an aversion to green foods, I have a great trick. Give it a fun name! We call asparagus “skinny trees” which makes the kids giggle and eat them right up!
Grilled Lemon Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat grill and place all of the ingredients in a shallow dish to combine.
- Evenly coat the asparagus with the lemon mixture.
- Grill asparagus, reserving the lemon mixture, for 2 minutes on each side for thin asparagus and 3 minutes on each side for thicker asparagus.
- Remove asparagus from the grill, place back into the bowl and toss to coat with reserved lemon mixture.