American Flag Toast is incredibly easy and fun to make! It’s the perfect last minute Fourth of July recipe since you probably have most of the ingredients on hand already.
The 4th of July is all about red, white, blue and the stars and stripes. This American flag toast for the 4th of July is super festive and will be perfect for your Independence Day celebration whether you’re having a big get together or just hanging out with family at home. We’re planning on having these for breakfast on the 4th, but you could easily whip these up for lunch or a snack using ingredients you probably already have stocked!
Now the big question is to toast or not to toast the bread. And what about the crusts? Two of my kids love the crusts and one is adamant that they must come off. I’ll leave it up to you to decide.
Can’t decide how to cut your bananas? Get creative and make a few in different ways. If you end up with a few extra pieces you can always freeze bananas for smoothies. You know that’s what I love to do! The same goes for the preserves, or jam or jelly or whatever you prefer to call it. I would grab any bright red berry filled preserves you love.
The Fourth of July is one of our favorite holidays. We make so many fun treats like Fourth of July Parfaits, Red, White & Blue Pops and 4th of July Fruit Wands! The kids love getting involved and helping me make all the recipes. I try to keep the recipes all really simple so little ones can help out. Check out these other Festive 4th of July Recipes to get you started!
If you have any favorite red, white and blue recipes or special activities you’re doing to celebrate the 4th of July let me know. We’re all doing it together!
American Flag Toast
- 2 pieces sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons strawberry or raspberry preserves
- 24 fresh blueberries
- 1 banana
- Toast bread if desired.
- Spread 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese on each slice of bread just to the border.
- Spread preserves on the toasts avoiding the upper left hand corner.
- Place 12 blueberries in the upper left hand corner, in 3 rows of 4, to resemble the stars on the American flag.
- Cut banana in half and then into thin strips OR cut into circles and then half moons. Place the bananas stripes or half moons across the toast to resemble stripes.