This Grilled Chicken, Vegetable and Avocado Salad Board screams summertime, but will satisfy you anytime of year. Crisp lettuce topped with juicy grilled chicken and vegetables, creamy avocados and your favorite vinaigrette dressing is a simple but delicious flavor combination.
When I want something healthy, easy and colorful for my family to eat, my go-to is a huge salad board. This way everyone gets to make their own salad creation which makes it more fun for the kids. They always eat better when they get to have a little ownership over what goes in their bodies. Choose your favorite summer vegetables and get to grilling!
This Grilled Chicken, Vegetable and Avocado Salad Board combines seemingly simple flavors to create a dish bursting with flavor! I love how all the vegetables and the avocados get those gorgeous grill marks too. It just reminds me of summer and outdoor family barbecues. This salad board is great to put out for a party too, which I love. It looks really beautiful on a table, and everyone can pick and choose what they want!
The marinade for this chicken is one of my favorites. It adds so much flavor and helps keep the chicken really juicy. It’s such a simple marinade, and the best part is that you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand already. Whether you’re making chicken for this salad board or for a weeknight meal, you’ll love this marinade. It’s the best!
While you can use your favorite vinaigrette dressing on this salad, this homemade Citrus Herb Vinaigrette is my dressing of choice for this one. It’s light but flavorful and really easy to make. It goes really great on any salad like a classic Chopped Salad, this Summer Garden Salad, Easy Cobb Salad in a Jar or a big Salad Platter.
Serving salad for your family has never been easier than with a salad board. It’s the best way to serve salad and is so much fun! Let me know what you think of this recipe and tag me on social media with your salad board creations.
Grilled Chicken, Vegetable and Avocado Salad Board
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons, divided kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 eggplant, cut into rounds
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into flats
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 2 avocado
- 1 head romaine or baby gem lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1 whole tomato cut into wedges)
- Place the ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp of salt and pepper in a bowl or bag and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken to the marinade for at least 30 minutes on the counter and up to 5 hours refrigerated.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl or on a baking sheet, brush with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with 2 tsp salt making sure all surfaces are coated.
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until chicken is firm to the touch and golden or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Grill the vegetables for several minutes per side or until golden and fork tender.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a large plate or baking sheet and cool.
- Place the lettuce and tomatoes on a large wooden board or platter.
- Chop the chicken and vegetables into desired sized pieces leaving the avocado halves whole to scoop out and place on top of each salad.
- Top greens with grilled chicken, vegetables and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with favorite vinaigrette.