These Baked Nectarines with Honey Yogurt Sauce are bound to become a family summertime favorite in your household. Super simple to make, delicious to eat, you’ll be wondering where this recipe has been hiding!
Stone fruit is all over the farmers market and I can’t resist it! So many of my favorite dishes that I’ve been making recently are centered around peaches and nectarines like Summer Fruit and Mozzarella Salad, Peach & Strawberry Shortcakes or Peach Crumble, but I have to say that today’s recipe is one of my most favorite things I’ve ever made for Weelicious. It’s easy, simple and perfect for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.
I think it’s safe to safe that nectarines and peaches are not only one of my favorite foods, but my kiddos as well. Though these glorious fruit are delicious on their own, I’ve been looking for ways to add a little pizzazz to the way we eat them. And I’m very happy to say, these did not disappoint!
The real trick is using ripe fruit that’s super sweet and soft. We’ve been using a lot of yellow nectarines for this recipe, but white nectarines, as well as white and yellow peaches all make for their own scrumptious snack. My advice would be to try them all to see which combination you like best!
I’m a total texture girl, so I like to use a super thick and creamy greek yogurt for this recipe. The combination of textures and flavors between the nectarines, yogurt and pistachios make for the perfect sweet treat. And the touch of the added honey just elevates these to a whole other level!
Bring these to a backyard barbecue, or just simply as an after dinner dessert for your family. I can guarantee you, there won’t be any leftovers. Kenya and I both ate 3 helpings of this for dessert. I can’t wait to go to the market this weekend and get more!
Baked Nectarines with Honey Yogurt Sauce
- Slice nectarines in half and remove pit.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place nectarines in a 8 x 8 inch baking dish and squeeze with lemon juice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place cut nectarines on baking sheet and squeeze with lemon juice.
- Broil 4-5 minutes, cut side up.
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice on cut nectarines. Grill 3-4 minutes cut side down.
- While nectarines are baking, broiling or grilling, mix yogurt and honey together in a small bowl.
- Spoon yogurt sauce on nectarines and sprinkle with pistachios.