There's nothing more frustrating for moms than when they find themselves making something different for each member of the family. I call it "short order cook syndrome" and one of our goals at weelicious is to help you avoid falling victim to it. I know that when I'm in the kitchen cooking for hours and making multiple meals, it makes me super grouchy, so preparing recipes that I know everyone under my roof will love is paramount.
Kenya and Chloe are big fans of Chicken Pesto Tenders, Wee Nuggets and Chicken on a Stick, but since I'm always on the hunt for new ideas I switched things up and tried rolling pieces of chicken in sesame seeds and then cooking them for a few minutes on each side. Sesame seeds are a great source of magnesium, copper, zinc and calcium and also have a nutty taste, especially when toasted. This dish was a big hit with my gang so I wanted to tell you about it immediately -- kid friendly, but also delicious for mommies and daddies.
Isn't life so much easier when you can cook one thing for the whole family (and have them all be happy)?!
Sesame Chicken Tenders (Serves 4)
- 1 Lb Chicken Tenders, cleaned, rinsed & dried
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Seeds, untoasted
- 1 Tbsp oil
Preparation1. Lightly season all of the tenders with salt.
2. Pour sesame seeds into a bowl and coat each tender evenly with the seeds.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a saute pan over medium heat and cook each coated tender for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
4. Serve with Dipping Sauce.