Eggplant Burger Program

I hear all the time from parents that their kids "just don't like meat!" For all those children and parents out there that want a delicious burger without the red meat, this one's for you! These Eggplant Burgers are easy to prepare, freeze and will fulfill your craving for a big juicy one!

Comments

1. Karina

July 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I’m cooking this tonight!

2. Karina

July 10, 2013 at 4:34 pm

You have such great ideas! I just found your website and I love it!

Thanks.

Karina

3. elissa

February 24, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Made this tonight and it was a hit. I loved it myself!! I wonder what you could use in the nut department to cut down on the bread crumbs. Love you site!!!

4. Pingback: day birger dresses

5. Krystina

July 17, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I’m vegan– really want to do this, but without the egg and the parm…suggestions, anyone?

6. dyan.colby

March 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I really liked this recipe. However, I used italian seasoned breadcrumbsand ,and made them into thin round patties. I put them on top of spaghetti noodles with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. Then I broiled it in separate personal serving sizes until it was golden brown. It made the perfect eggplant parm. I bet an eggplant parm sandwich would be delicious too. Thanks for the recipe! I love this site.

7. Janice

December 7, 2010 at 12:47 am

Can these patties be frozen before you cook them?

December 7, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Yes they can! :)

8. esther feldsher

November 18, 2010 at 1:14 pm

aha….chick peas. good idea, dina

btw: מירב – אנחנו אופים אותם והם טעימים מאוד

9. esther feldsher

November 18, 2010 at 1:08 pm

we LOVE these sandwiches (as we do EVERYTHING catherine conjures.
    but, two points:
    1. we’re vegetarians and try not to call vegetarian dishes things like “veggie meatballs” etc b/c we try not to look at our food as a substitute for something we’re being deprived of. that said, i do get the shorthand of a “veggie burger” but our little ones don’t really have hamburger in their repertoire so it’s not a selling point.

2. with this particular recipe, when it comes to the “form the patties” portion, i literally have to just use a spoon and put dollops out as the mixture is like paste and if i try to form it in my hands, it becomes an eggplant glove. any suggestions?

love

esther on long island

• fox5

November 5, 2013 at 10:50 am

My daughter and I made these the other night unfortunately we could mot form them like Catherine did. I am wondering if Catherine has any suggestions in making them a little stiffer because we loved the flavor it would just be for fun to eat them the way Catherine was able to do.
      Thanks,kerri

10. Dina

November 9, 2010 at 9:12 am

I made these burgers but added a can of drained chick peas to the mix for protein. I added cumin and mustard seed too. When I blended them they had a really soft consistency, but formed easily into patties. I browned them on both sides with a bit of oil in a pan and finished them off in the oven for about 10 minutes and they really firmed up well. They were delicious! Sort of like a falafel burger, but with eggplant! My husband called them baba-ga-mus burgers! The whole family LOVED them. I served them with some plain yogurt and cucumber dip. What kid dosen’t love to dip!

11. Jennifer

November 8, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Thanks! I was one of the ones who followed the recipe last time, and ended up with pancake batter consistency. None of them turned out :( So, I picked up another eggplant and I’m going to have a go at it again :) Thanks!!!

12. Merav

November 8, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Looks yummy! No probs watching, must be a connection issue, or a computer issue. Did miss child participation in video, though!

BTW, can these be baked instead of fried?

November 9, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Yes they can :)

13. Mel

November 6, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Is this recipe written down anywhere?

Thanks!

14. catherine

November 5, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Internet access can be a real bummer. Hopefully it will clear up so you can see it straight through!

15. Elaine Maynard

November 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm

This eggplant burger video was a diappointment as the video was choppy and stopping every couple of seconds. I ended up just copying the recipe, but my granddaughter was wanting to watch this as we made them.
    Elaine

• Helen

November 5, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Elaine- I agree with Megan, I also just watched the video with no problems.

• keri

November 5, 2010 at 9:39 pm

It was really choppy for me as well. If you pause the video and come back to it after a few minutes, however, it won’t need to stream as you go, so you won’t have the choppiness problems anymore.

• Megan

November 5, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Elaine- I just watched the video and there were no problems. Have you considered that it may have been a problem with the internet connection at your end?