I have to come clean with you. I'm an addict. A grilled vegetable addict.
While I'm in baring-my-soul-mode I might as well let another cat out of the bag and confess that I occasionally char my food (not necessarily in a good way) when I'm cooking at the grill. Since our grill is not conveniently located right outside our kitchen, I often find myself running back and forth between the two, while also watching the kids and prepping the last bits of dinner. The trick is always getting back to the grill in time before the food goes from done to well done.
Since I've burned more meals than I would care to admit, I tend now to cook more vegetables than I know we'll need. It may seem a little crazy, but nothing ever goes to waste since I know I'll I have plenty leftover for lunch and dinner the next day.
One recent afternoon, I had extra grilled Portobello mushrooms, sweet red onions and bell peppers from the previous night's dinner, as well as a lonely container of feta cheese that was nearing its expiration date. Feeling inspired, I made these Mediterranean Grilled Veggie Wraps.
With a light, tangy and healthy sauce inside, these wraps are a simple vegetarian meal. Just bite into one of these bad boys and you'll get why they're so addictive!
Share what you cooked with us on Instagram. Tag #weemenus to your Instagram photo of your dish and family enjoying this recipe.
Mediterranean Grilled Veggie Wraps (serves 4 )
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the grill on high heat.
2. Drizzle the bell peppers and onions with oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt.
3. Place all the veggies on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until the veggies are soft.
4. Remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly.
5. Thinly slice the mushrooms and bell peppers. Separate the onions into thin rings.
6. In a small bowl mix together the yogurt and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
7. Spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce onto wrap and divide the veggies evenly between the tortilla wraps, top with the feta cheese and roll up like a burrito.