As I was starting to plan our Memorial Day menu and going through a few favorite recipes Chloe asked me if I would make hamburgers. How, after almost 10 years since Weelicious started has there been no beef burger recipe on the site?!
Sure there are Zucchini Turkey Burgers, Salmon Burgers, even Chicken Sun Dried Tomato Burgers, but not a single classic beef burger recipe. That is all about to change. This Guacamole Cheddar Burger will make all of your long weekend wishes come true and more!
Sure, I love a simple burger, but have you ever had avocado with your burger? It totally takes it up a big notch and transforms it into heaven between two buns. Add a slice of cheddar cheese and you’ve got a total game changer.
The truth is that you don’t even need the bun because everything in between is so darn satisfying, but if you do go for a bun make sure to grab one that’s as special as what you’re putting in between.
You couldn’t pick a more family friendly recipe this long weekend when you’ve got a gaggle of friends stopping by and want to offer a special treat that will make everyone happy as can be!
Guacamole Cheddar Burger
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt, divided
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Avocados
- 1 small lime
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- burger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Place the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl and using your hands mix to thoroughly combine. Divide the meat into 6 pieces and form into 1/4-1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side or until medium rare. Top with cheese and cook another minute or until cheese melts.
- While burgers are cooking, cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of a lime, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cilantro and mash until a few pieces of avocado remain.
- Place a slice of tomato on the buns, top with cheese burgers, a large spoonful of guacamole and top with remaining bun.