In the mood for a big juicy burger? Try something a little different this time and make these Family Favorite Salmon Burgers with Quick Pickled Cukes!
If you’re trying to offer your kids fish, you want to make sure to give them something you know they will love so that fish becomes a food they love and not abhor. From the very beginning both of my kids loved salmon right out of the gate. It has a mild taste, but also a really fatty flavor making it incredibly kid friendly. As I know how good it is for growing brains and especially for the little one growing in my belly, we’ve been eating salmon once or twice a week these days.
While flipping through Rebecca Miller FFrench’s new cookbook, The Ultimate Blender Cookbook, I could totally understand why she called this recipe Family Favorite Salmon Burgers with Quick Pickled Cukes. Not only are they incredibly juicy and simple to make, but they really do give beef burgers a run for their money. They’re a great way to serve one of our favorite omega 3 fatty acid foods in a totally different way besides our usual favorites like Maple Soy Salmon and Sweet Broiled Salmon. I’ve been making Salmon Burgers for years, but the addition of smoked salmon and spinach is unbelievably delicious. If Chloe, hubby and I loved the salmon burgers themselves, we ended up making three recipes of these quick pickled cukes to accompany this tasty dish.
Don’t let these Family Favorite Salmon Burgers with Quick Pickled Cukes be the only recipe you try out of the Ultimate Blender Cookbook. It’s packed with recipes I never thought possible in a blender_ dips, salsas, nut butters, fruit spreads, breakfast recipes and more! Who knew you could make so many fast, healthy recipes using one of our favorite kitchen tools, even burgers!
Family Favorite Salmon Burgers with Quick Pickled Cukes
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 whole cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless salmon filet, cut into large chunks
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- burger buns
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, pepper flakes, and salt in a bowl, and add the cucumber slices.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the salmon chunks, smoked salmon, egg, spinach, lemon zest, and black pepper in a blender and pulse four to five times until just combined. The mixture should be chunky.
- Form the mixture into four patties and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully slide the patties into the heated skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until heated through.
- Serve on buns with the Quick Pickled Cukes.