Salmon Burgers are some of the most delicious and healthiest burgers you could choose! These scrumptious patties are made with fresh salmon and bursting with flavor from capers and dill. They’re so easy to prepare and everyone in our family adores them.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Heart-Healthy Goodness: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, those little wonders that are great for your heart and overall well-being. Swapping out your regular beef patty for a salmon one is like giving your heart a high-five!
- Flavor Explosion: Salmon brings a delectable flavor to the table that dances with your taste buds. Imagine a burst of flavor that leaves you craving more with every bite.
- Versatility Galore: You can experiment with various seasonings, herbs, and sauces and toppings to create your signature Salmon Burger masterpiece. This delicious Lemon Yogurt Sauce really takes these burgers to the next level.
- fresh salmon, skinned
- fresh or dried dill
- kosher salt
- oil (for cooking)
How to Make Easy Salmon Burgers
- Make salmon mixture: Place the salmon, egg, capers, dill and salt in a food processor and pulse until just combined (you should still see tiny pieces of salmon).
- Form patties: Form into patties and place on a sheet tray lined with foil or plastic wrap (mixture will be sticky. Using wet hands will make forming the patties much easier).
- Refrigerate: Cover and refrigerate the salmon patties for 1 hour.
- Cook: Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large skillet. Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Build burgers and serve: Place on a bun and top with desired accompaniments. Serve.
Tips for Crafting the Perfect Salmon Burger
- Quality Matters: Start with fresh, high-quality salmon fillets. You want that rich, vibrant color and firm texture.
- Chill Out: If you have the time, you can pop your burger mixture into the fridge for about 30 minutes before shaping. This can make the mixture easier to work with. Then refrigerate them again after you form the patties.
- Gentle Handling: Be gentle when forming your patties – no need to compact them too tightly. If the mixture is sticking too much to your hands, wet them (your hands, not the patties!) and that will help!
- Grill or Pan Fry: You can either grill your burgers for that wonderful char or pan-fry them for a crispy crust. Whichever way you choose, they’ll be delicious.
- Top It Off: Go wild with toppings! Avocado slices, a dollop of Lemon Yogurt Sauce ,or a tangy slaw – take your pick and make it uniquely yours.
Meal Prep Salmon Burgers
If you want to freeze some of these patties to have on hand for busy weeknights, here’s how you do it! After you form the patties, freeze for 30 minutes on the sheet pan then place them in a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours and follow the rest of the steps in the recipe card below.
Sides to Pair with This Recipe
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Grilled Lemon Asparagus
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Summer Pasta Salad
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Next time you and your family are looking to have a burger night, throw these salmon burgers in the mix! They might end up being your new go-to alternative to a traditional beef burger! As always, let me know what you think and tag me @weelicious if you make this one!
- Food Processor
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until just combined (you should still see tiny pieces of salmon).
- Form into patties and place on a sheet tray lined with foil or plastic wrap (mixture will be sticky. Using wet hands will make forming the patties much easier).
- Cover and refrigerate the salmon patties for 1 hour.
- Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large skillet.
- Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place on a bun and top with desired toppings.