These Roasted Brussels Sprouts are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and topped with grated parmesan, toasted almonds and a touch of lemon juice. My whole family loves them, and yours will too!
If a worldwide Brussels sprout eating contest existed, I guarantee you that I would win it every year! I mean business when I’m eating Brussels sprouts. When they’re in season, I have them almost every day whether it be in a salad, air fried, or roasted. I buy stalks of them fresh from the farmers market and have bags of frozen in the freezer. Even when I make a family sized batch for dinner, I must summon my best mom behavior to share with everyone. All I want to do is hog every last one for myself!
Tips for the Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
When you make Brussels sprouts, we’re all on the hunt for the perfect combination of crispy yet tender. I feel I’ve mastered the art over the years, so here are some tips!
- When you’re buying your Brussels sprouts, look for ones that are super fresh. They should be relatively firm and bright green with minimal wilted leaves on the outsides.
- Tossing these beauties in olive oil is also a big key to getting Brussels sprouts beautifully crispy.
- My last tip (and maybe most important), make sure each sprout is cut side down when roasting. It’s worth the extra couple minutes it takes to flip them over.
Recipes to Serve with Brussels Sprouts
This veggie is super versatile. You can serve it alongside almost any dish, and it will be perfectly complimentary.
If the thought of Brussels sprouts makes you want to run for the hills, I beg you to try this recipe and then reevaluate your decision. They’re simple yet so delicious! This recipe is an absolute foolproof way to get crispy yet tender Brussels sprouts. It may not turn you into an avid brussie lover like me (it’s a little much…), but I think this recipe will get you well on your way to discovering a new appreciation for this often misunderstood vegetable.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate and Garlic
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Poppy Seeds
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below, or tagging me on Instagram if you make these!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts, olive oil and salt on a sheet tray and toss to combine.
- Bake the Brussel sprouts, cut side down, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top Brussels sprouts with sliced almonds. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the roasted Brussels sprouts and almonds in a bowl, top with Parmesan cheese and the juice of half a lemon. Toss to combine.