Make the ultimate Hot Dog Bar for your next gathering! They’re super easy and everyone gets to have their hot dog the way they like it!
There is no easier way to serve food for a crowd at a party or get together than a build your own style food buffet. It’s so easy, requires very little cooking and everyone gets to DIY their meal. It’s a win-win! Whether it’s a taco bar, burger bar or in this case Hot Dog Bar, your guests will be super satisfied!
When it comes to summertime gatherings, a good dressed up hot dog is hard to beat. While getting a quality hot dog is important (whether it’s beef, turkey or veggie), the toppings are really the star of the show. The possibilities are endless, and when kids see that they get to choose whatever they want to make their hot dog special their eyes absolutely light up!
Of course, ketchup and mustard will make a big appearance at the toppings station. They’re the tried and true hot dog go-tos but for a hot dog bar, go above and beyond! Here are some of my favorites:
- Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, Sriracha
- Avocado Slices or Guacamole
- Sliced or diced Onions – you can serve them raw, caramelized or even these Quick Pickled Onions
- Relish – sweet pickle relish or classic dill relish are both great options
- Shredded Cheese
- Chili – Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili, Four Bean Chili or Turkey Veggie Chili are some of my favorite recipes
- Cole Slaw
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Dill Pickle Spears
There really isn’t a wrong way to do a Hot Dog Bar! Unless of course you forget the hot dogs! Don’t do that. Hot dogs are very important for a Hot Dog Bar.
Now that the whether is warming up, it’s time to get out to your grill and have some summertime BBQs and this Hot Dog Bar might need to be what you make next!
Ultimate DIY Hot Dog Bar
- beef, turkey, or vegetarian hot dogs
- hot dog buns
- Place grilled hot dogs, buns and toppings out buffet style for everyone to build their own hot dog.