Guacamole is a crowd-pleaser at any gathering! Whether you’re hosting a party or simply looking for a delicious snack, this creamy and flavorful dip is the perfect choice. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of prep time, you’ll have a delicious and healthy snack that everyone will love.
I think any member of my family could happily eat a huge bowl of guacamole for breakfast, lunch and dinner and be satisfied. All of our kids have loved avocados since they were little. I made Baby Guacamole (a smaller more simple version of guac) for them when they were toddlers so they’ve basically grown up being guac-heads. Just like their parents!
How to Make the Best Guacamole Ever
The key to making the best guacamole is keeping it simple. Don’t try to get too fancy or be overly unique. All you need is a few high quality ingredients and then let the flavors speak for themselves. Here’s how to make it:
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop the flesh out into a medium size bowl and using a spoon or fork, mash the avocado. Allow a few small chunks to remain.
- Fold in the tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro and lime juice and salt until completely incorporated.
Why We Love Guac!
- It’s Healthy: Avocados are packed with healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They’re also a great source of antioxidants and can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It’s Versatile: Guacamole can be enjoyed in tons of different ways. Serve it as a dip with tortilla chips, use it as a spread on sandwiches and tacos, or add it as a topping to grilled meats and vegetables.
- It’s Delicious: The combination of creamy avocados, tangy lime juice, and fresh herbs and spices makes this one of the most flavorful dips around. It’s the perfect addition to any meal or snack.
- Easy to make: Making guacamole is quick and easy, requiring just a few simple ingredients. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve too.
- Crowd-pleaser: Guacamole is a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. Serve it up at a birthday party, game day hang or for Cinco de Mayo! Everyone loves guac!
How to Store Guacamole (and keep it green!)
Guacamole oxidizes and can turn brown pretty quick. If you’re able to not eat it all in one sitting (impressive) and need to store leftovers, here’s the best way:
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole to prevent air from reaching it.
- Store the guacamole in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If possible, try to minimize the amount of air inside the container. Use a smaller container that doesn’t allow as much space between the guacamole and the lid.
- Avoid storing the guacamole near ethylene-producing fruits, such as bananas and apples, which can cause it to brown.
- If the guacamole does begin to brown, simply stir in a little lemon or lime juice, which can help to slow down the oxidation process.
Serve With These Recipes:
- Slow-Cooked Green Chili Pork Tacos
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- Vegetarian Crunchwrap Supreme
- Breakfast Burritos
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Serve alongside Homemade Salsa and Slow Cooker Queso Blanco for a delicious Dip Trio
There’s no wrong way to enjoy guacamole! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments or tag me on social media if you make it!
Images by Ivan Solis
- 3 avocados
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- tortilla chips