Want the easiest recipe that uses only gorgeous wild salmon, salt and pepper and includes virtually zero clean up at the end? This Cedar Plank Salmon recipe will change your life when it comes to making an easy entree that’s always a crowd pleaser. I promise you that when you show up with this in hand you will be extremely popular.
Almost every Sunday I go to the farmers market and buy a 2-3 pound fillet of gorgeous salmon from Marilyn and Eileen who own West Coast Seafood. They have the most incredible selection of seafood from halibut to shrimp, scallop, Branzino and more, but I’m always drawn to their salmon as it’s incredibly nutritious with all of it’s omega 3 fatty acids and pairs beautifully with almost any salad and side. As Sundays can be hectic at night to say the least getting ready for Monday’s back to school routine, I’m always drawn to making this dish so all I have to do is fire up the grill and I’m ready to go.
On a recent weekend night we were invited to a picnic and I wanted to bring a dish that would feed a crowd, allow me to cook as little as possible and have nothing to clean up at the end as every time I bring a bowl or platter to a potluck it seems to disappear at the end. Cedar Plank Salmon is my solution to all of these conundrums as well as being unbelievably delicious!
Watch the video to see a few tips to perfecting the recipe time and time again and when it’s over you can see a few of my friends from Kin Community and their ideas for exciting picnic recipes. If you have any you want to share please leave them in the comments below and if you make Cedar Plank Salmon, post your picture on Instagram and tag @weelicious so I can see it!
Cedar Plank Salmon video + recipe (serves 4)
- 1 cedar plank
- 2 pounds salmon filet
- Kosher Salt
- crushed black pepper
1. Place the cedar plank in your sink or a pyrex dish, cover with cold water, and allow to soak for 1 hour. Place a bowl or brick on top of the cedar plank to keep it submerged in the water.
2. Place the whole salmon filet on top of the cedar plank and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Heat one side of your grill, and place the cedar plank on the unheated side to cook your salmon over indirect heat.
4. Close the lid of the grill, and cook the salmon for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the grill and serve. Discard the cedar plank when finished.